ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT question

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Right, I have taken the rear seats out of my Valver as well as the central seat belts but the rear side seat belts are still intact as not got round to the full strip.

When I took it to the garage they failed it for not having any rear belts - I said it has not got any rear seats so I wont be having anyone in the back.

Can anyone clarify?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I always thought if you didn't have rear seats you didn't need the seat belts as its pretty obvious nobody is going to be sat in the back .

If thats the case . Why didn't they tell you this before they started to do the MOT . Are they blind , if you got no rear seats they should have said it won't pass and it will be a waste of time and money to even put it through the MOT .

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Stick the back seat back in,take it down,get it MOT'd(im assuming the retest is free if done within 14 days),drive home,remove seats..Hey presto....Pretty simple if you ask me..:cool:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That retest b****cks dont apply anymore mate - you gotta pay again even if you get it done at the same garage.

80MPG BEEZA
there dicks not telling you it wouldnt pass due to the seats you'll just have to stick them back in and re test it

I always thought you only had to have belts present if you had a seat there. Assuming the vehicle is an age that would have originally been fitted with belts in the rear. Bit pointless having belts with no seats. Unless its something silly like if the vehicle is on the V5 as being able to carry 4/5 passengers there must be a belt present for each unless you notify the DVLA that the vehicle has been modified and therefore will only carry one passenger in addition to the driver. :S

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
if theres no rear seats, theres no need for rear belts!

contact VOSA, get them to clarify, then set them loose on the MOT tester! They take a serious disliking to this kind of thing.