ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

motorbike engined clio

reading another thread got me thinking,

would i put a R1 OR GSX R 1400 engine in my clio? how much would it cost, more or less then a 172 conversion?

also would it be quick? coz it would just be a 1ltr or a 1.4?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
|------------------------|

^that much!

Would cost way super crazy mad loads and wouldn't be that fast.

Audi TT 225
fit one on each wheel and have a 4x4 4ltr clio monster muwahahah

Do it the other way around, get a scooby lump and turn it into a 300BHP quad bike, some guy in america built one LOL

Audi TT 225
4177_18060594858.jpg

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71014

zcars have done it in a saxo, im sure it cant be hard to do it in a clio, use a 1300 or 1500 busa engine turbo it and get 300 bhp with a sequencial box then strip the clio bare!

that would be cool!

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
zcars have done it in a saxo, im sure it cant be hard to do it in a clio, use a 1300 or 1500 busa engine turbo it and get 300 bhp with a sequencial box then strip the clio bare!

that would be cool!

the mini they use just looks like a mini its all fibre-glass, alloy chassis, etc
plus it's turbo'd to 400bhp

cost £15,000 :eek:

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
i think from when I last spoke to z-cars a drive in drive out conversion would be over 10K or thereabouts...

practically pointless.

Bike engines are gutless in cars...you'll have non stop transmission issues.......diffs cost about £1500.........engine installation is a PITA..........

If you dont spent alot on super or turbocharging the bike engine......you will go slow.

Ferrari enzo
Yes, car too heavy for those motors.
Hayabusa is the way to go if you do it. About 180bhp at gearbox output shaft with a decent exhaust, 240bhp with 1500cc conversion or up to 700bhp with turbo. Both last options will cost over £5k and that's before you've even fitted it in car. Oh and the bike engines don't have a reverse gear so you need some sort of reversing system building too.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
the z cars mini with the N/a R1 engine wasn't slow.

With a serious diet a clio could be chopped down to a better weight. Reliability certainly seems to be a big stumbling block though.

a mini with zero floorpan and a spacefram setup is a tad diff to a clio which is larger, made of heavier components, has more components, more loom, stiffer front end (more metal).........then you cut out the one light part (the floorpan) and replace it with 50m of steel tube, an engine, diff, trailing arms etc etc.

reliability.......an gearbox designed to pull 150kg then has to pull a ton + 2 massive contact patches for drive.........

all in all a dumb and expensive idea.

Ferrari enzo
If you have to go for a bike engine, don't use the R1. Its has about 70 ft lb torque. Hayabusa is around 105 ft lb stock or 140 lb ft at 1500cc. The R1 won't pull the skin off a rice pudding!
I've got a lot of autograss customers using bike engines. They have spaceframe chassis weighing about 400kg though and not 1000+kg of the clio. Again, they are mostly on hayabusa. Its strong and reliable with extremely good torque. Nothing matches its that stays in one piece when going round corners.
If you really must go bike engine technology, have a lot at the v8 from powertec. You can use a proper gearbox with this and it makes something like 350bhp.