ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorprovider

Hi all,

Anybody got any info on Motorprovider.Ive just sent them an email with a big list of questions. They have Clio 182s at £11700, not sure if these come with the Spoiler & Suspension packs or even can be upgraded with these extras.

Anyone know if these are UK cars? Really cant be assed with Imports.

Cant belive clios are going this cheap, the delears must be gettin shafted on sales.

Cheers, Middle

motor provider are parallel imports, i,e straight from the factory thru a non dealer route.. they are unregistered, same spec and warrentry but no cat 1 alarm etc.. I am more than happy with mine.. 4 week wait, reno dealers have no problem working on them... you have to chase motor provider up though as they are not good at getting back to you, but saving nearly 3 grand off list makes it wothwhile.... its the cars that come from hungry or cyprus via a foreigh garage that you have to ve wary of... motor provider are full uk spec built for the uk market... the reason theres no cat 1 alarm is that reno put it on at the docks once the car come into the uk... (thisdoesnt affect insurance at all with out 1 as you still have the immobiliser!!) -

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 08 April 2004

motor provider are parallel imports, i,e straight from the factory thru a non dealer route.. they are unregistered, same spec and warrentry but no cat 1 alarm etc.. I am more than happy with mine.. 4 week wait, reno dealers have no problem working on them... you have to chase motor provider up though as they are not good at getting back to you, but saving nearly 3 grand off list makes it wothwhile.... its the cars that come from hungry or cyprus via a foreigh garage that you have to ve wary of... motor provider are full uk spec built for the uk market... the reason theres no cat 1 alarm is that reno put it on at the docks once the car come into the uk... (thisdoesnt affect insurance at all with out 1 as you still have the immobiliser!!) -
Not sure about 182s but for 172s I understood that full UK spec included the CAT1 alarm upgrade and locking wheel nuts...- otherwise its only technically got a CAT2 immobiliser as standard - check out the thatcham site..

I had a CAT 1 upgrade fitted to my car and all it added was the interior sensors and the siren.