ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorsport Photography Practice (56K maybe)

al

ST on the way...
Went out a few weeks ago to have a bit of a practice :) Till it started going dark ;)

Heres some of the better ones.

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0088.jpg

PICT0131.jpg

PICT0147.jpg

PICT0153.jpg

PICT0162.jpg

PICT0180.jpg

PICT0248.jpg

PICT0259.jpg

PICT0329.jpg

PICT0339.jpg

PICT0360.jpg

PICT0371.jpg

PICT0399.jpg

PICT0401.jpg

PICT0419.jpg

PICT0425.jpg

PICT0474.jpg

PICT0496.jpg

PICT0506.jpg

PICT0520.jpg

PICT0559.jpg

al

ST on the way...
Rich said:
The 172 needs that undertray sorting!

What sort of settings you using?

Most of them we're on shutter priority mode, it did vary depending when the sun came out.

The first on of the Audi was F25 @ 1/80th ISO800, some didn't come out too well at 80th most we're fine at 1/125th.

106 GTi
... and as for the idiot without proper gear riding is one thing, popping wheelies in it is asking for skin loss :mad:

al

ST on the way...
Rich said:
... and as for the idiot without proper gear riding is one thing, popping wheelies in it is asking for skin loss :mad:
Made a good pic tho! ;)

He stopped doing em as he went past me then started again when he thought (i'm guessing) he was out of shot.

172cup
you should of wore hi viz while you were doing it.... you'd have been able to smell the brown sticky stuff as they drove past

al

ST on the way...
d.brown said:
you should of wore hi viz while you were doing it.... you'd have been able to smell the brown sticky stuff as they drove past
Since I took em I have "acuired" myself one :D for such comedy moments!! :D

al

ST on the way...
Rich said:
What lenes have you got Al?

I've got the stock 18-75mm that came with the camera and an 80-300mm (both original Minolta AF lenses) and a "no-brand" 2x.

The 600mm (300 2x) come out well because of the cameras inbuilt "anti shake".

al

ST on the way...
Same lenses as used at FCS but hadn't really got to grips with the 2x back then :eek:

al said:
Most of them we're on shutter priority mode, it did vary depending when the sun came out.

The first on of the Audi was F25 @ 1/80th ISO800, some didn't come out too well at 80th most we're fine at 1/125th.

Panning works best with 1/100th or 1/125th, and you should remember to lock your autofocus to center focus point. At least thats how I'm shooting with my eos 300D.

But some good pics anyway :)

106 GTi
All depends how good at panning you are nothing wrong with 1/80th pans if you can pull them off. I can't though ... 1/100 is still my limit!

al

ST on the way...
buckas said:
first few shots you can see dust on your sensor, sensor either needs cleaning or don't shoot above f15 lol :) drew

Don't get any noise over F15 at all, think it just needs a blow.

al

ST on the way...
fin_tm said:
Panning works best with 1/100th or 1/125th, and you should remember to lock your autofocus to center focus point. At least thats how I'm shooting with my eos 300D.

But some good pics anyway :)

Tried at various shutter speeds and it really does depend on the lighting conditions but with the inbuilt anti-shake I can afford to go a few steps down anyway :D

Autofocus was set to centre and continous autofocus.

al

ST on the way...
Rich said:
All depends how good at panning you are nothing wrong with 1/80th pans if you can pull them off. I can't though ... 1/100 is still my limit!

This one was at 1/80th.

PICT0030.jpg

If you download the pic and look at the "Summary" tab under "Properties" it tells you all the photo information.