ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorway debris

Clio 172 (flame red)
Can anyone help? I was driving on the M53 near Chester when confronted with a pair of aluminium step ladders lying across the road. I managed to swerve and miss most of them but just clipped the (sharp) end. They have scratched the front right which is repairable but they have punched a hole through the side skirts. Can anyone tell me how much Renault might charge for a new side skirt, or whether I can get one from somewhere else.

People keep on saying that it could have been worse..... but I am absolutely gutted, not least because I had just had a scratch repaired on the front right!

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Not sure of cost but you will be able to claim back through council/highways agency. I know if you go over a pot hole and damage the car you can claim back.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i've gone past a HUUGGGEEE lorry exhaust can sitting in the middle of the M53 before, thankfully I didn't hit it, but I know how p*ssed I would have been mate. Bloody dangerous.

Audi TT 225
www.cliospares.co.uk

Unlucky, thats the last thing you expect on the roads lol.
I was on my way to a cruise and my mate was driving in front, a massive plasterboard flew off a truck in front and got stuck under his front splitter so it was disintergrating under his car and flying into mine... bad

Probably some muppet forgot to tie them to his van or something lol

I bet hes wondering where his ladders went tho pmsl!

don't
contact the highways agency, and get a claim form sent out

i'm currently trying to claim as a big pothole fooked one of my alloys

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I got hit by half a bag of cement the other morning, It hit the base of the windscreen just off centre towards the passenger side It made a huge bang and I shat myself, how he hell it never cam through I don't know, it didn't damage the screen at all, however the n/s wiper arm is bent and no longer makes contact with the screen. still could have been a lot worse!

Clio 172 mk2
This makes me realy f**king angry

We pay ludicrous amounts of car tax to drive on roads which are in either in s**t condition or littered with debris that could potentialy cause a fatal accident.

Glad it wasn't worse though.

Clio 172 (flame red)
Just had a quote from chipsaway.. £180 to fix to patch the side skirt and front right bumper.

New skirt from Renault will be £102 quid and another 100 to paint..... but will then have to pay another £70 to repair the front bumper.

So choices are do it properly or patch it up.....

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
I was driving up the M27 the other day to drop a mate off at the airport and the signs were flashing up "DANGER SMALL DEBRIS IN ROAD" as i drove round the next curve i came across a DOUBLE MATTRESS which was half in the middle lane and half in the slow lane. would of been messy if someone hit it

Clio 172 mk2
Definately get on the Highways Agency/Councils back to get your money back.....we pay for the 'priveledge' to drive on UK roads so expect them NOT to be dangerous.

Clio 172mk2
i was once doin 70 down m1 wakefield junction are was proper pissin it down , was only in middle lane when i saw a friggin chair , i swerved n missed it , van behind only just got out of way of it

Clio 182 FF
i was driving down the M5 near bristol, a car on the opposite side of the carriageway had its Mountain Bike blown off its roof rack, we saw it bounce of the road and then rest in the middle lane, luckily nobody hit it. The roads are dangerous enough without all these new hazzards.