ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mouldy rear seat belts

Conor L

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio Mk2
Need some advice guys, the rear seats in my Mk2 have got mould on them for some reason probably due to lack of use as nobody sits in the back. Obviously I want this gone, I've tried a strong dilution of APC with a magic eraser however this doesnt seem to be shifting it.

Advice is much appreciated

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I’ve used some house hold cleaning product that came in a pink and white tub.

Let me see if I can find out what it was.

Edit it was this in a bucket of hot water and leave it to soak in.

DA67EF74-77E3-4AEB-B217-7C95D1555F5B.jpeg

I had some old harnesses that had sat in water on the car floor, and they were a state. NOTHING got rid of the mould apart from some old Milton mould and mildew tablets my mum had from when I was a baby!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I had some old harnesses that had sat in water on the car floor, and they were a state. NOTHING got rid of the mould apart from some old Milton mould and mildew tablets my mum had from when I was a baby!

This....it actually works. Used it on some seatbelts for my 106 gti that I'd left in a damp garage.
Mould is essentially a fungus so you need to kill it off or it just sticks around.

Conor L

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio Mk2
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will take a look into it on the weekend definitely not something I want in my car