ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MP3 HU from Renault

Last time I asked about replacing my HU, someone mentioned Renault were developing a HU supporting MP3 playback that would also work with the stalk control and remote display in my MK1 172.

Does anyone have any more info about this or a link?

Thnx

996 Carrera

Renault are doing the Sony CDX-MP70 - price is £312 inc. VAT. Fitting is extra. This includes the adaptor for the display and steering wheel controls.

I think its on the Renault website now.

Personally I went for the new CDX-MP850 which is £250 from letsbyucaraudio plus £48 for the adaptor. Very similar to the MP70 spec-wise, apart from the funky Active Black Panel display which looks ace even when its off (Im awaiting delivery of the adaptor before I can fit it).

personally i went for the pioneer 7400mp, 250 quid(230 now)..so i lose stalk controls....big deal:)

i now have an amazing sounding stereo and something that looks amazing in the clio dash.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Okay so whats the difference between the Pioneer 7400mp and the Pioneer P740mp?

Ive got the latter but from what I can see its identical to the 7400mp except for premier written all over it

Quote: Originally posted by Rorrie on 27 May 2003

AHHH-why a sony????i suppose that sony pay them the most to get there sh*t in renault cars oh well!!!!
Maybe because Sony have the best interface design so they will work in the car (and many others) with the existing Display and Steering control?

TonyKL - so you think the reason why the sony HU are options is beacuse they are the easiest to fit?? Not so sure there mate... there are adaptors, it will be more allong the lines of those offering the best deals to renault. I know this but it frustrates me, my first HU was a sony, thought it was great, sold it and got an Alpine and realised how wrong i actually was.

I never said Sony were a better head unit than any other, I just think the protocol for the head units is most adaptive giving them better integration with car units. The 172 changer is alpine but try and get an aline head to work with it :eek:

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

I ended up changing the std changer (Alpine) for another Alpine when I changed my HU to Alpine..!!! Stupid or what?

Cost me more money anyway so I thought I might as get an MP3 changer for a few quid more...

that is quite daft, didnt realise that, is it a special cd changer for renault, or made by alpine on commission for renault or somehting??