ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg 182

Titanium 182

Got my 182 on 1/3 , taken it easy ish (not over 4000 or 80mph) and mostly on M20 down to Folkestone each day and currently getting 38MPG on motorway, 35 combined.

This is the same I was getting out of my 1.6 Dynamique+ as I suppose it was revved harder?

Chuffed to nuts so far but by the weekend Ill have the 650 miles done and expect to drive it like a 16 year old chav and use a tank of petrol every hour.

Quote: Originally posted by davep24 on 09 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 08 March 2005Quote: Originally posted by davep24 on 08 March 2005 im getting about 43mpg, however the trip computer on mine is a little bit out and it reads about 3 mpg over. I reset it yesterday whilst on the motorway and sat at 60mph i was getting 52mpg (really 49mpg)not bad for a 2 litreas for fuel - optimax all the way, seeing that renault recommend 98RON
[/QUOTE]

I tried this on Monday, sat at 75 on M/way and reset it, it settled at about 34.

Where you going down hill at the time?

As for 43, how do you manage this?
[/QUOTE]got the 49mpg over about 25miles, just sat a 60 all the way. its all about taking it really easy on your right foot. however my car is very well run in and has done a far few miles (48k in 2.5 years) and it has only ever seen optimax which i beleive makes a huge difference.

My 34 was over about 30 miles, half way to work, really couldnt sit at 60 all the way, would do my head in, and take too long.

Hope it gets better, its done nearly 6,000 in 4.5 months, and only optimax.

I reckon anyone getting over 25 mpg around town isnt driving it hard enuf - youre all Snails, check behind the car for a silver trail - hehe (joke)

I reset the computer about every 2 tanks and unless I get on the motorway it never goes over 25 normally 23-24 mpg - Ive never calculated exactly but I think the computer is reasonably acurate

I like to thrash him though

I try to use optimax as much as possible - can anyone tell me if its actually any good, I mean eveyone whos anyone uses optimax right, but is that just cos its endorsed by mr wilson ???

I got an ITG filter for £40 and its made a good difference to my mpg (2-3mpg)I usually get 35+ now on a tank, and thats with some thrashing! Filter will pay for itself pretty quick, especially as it doesnt need changing at service.

With optimax yer I think it is better. Recently I had to use a tank of 95 as it was 3am and I was on the motorway miles from home and had no idea where shell was. The car did seem more juddery when pulling away etc but personally I havent noticed any performance/mpg differnce.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

When i picked my car up on 12 miles it was returning 31mpg.Its now on 700 and returing 36mpg on the same route i take

Also on optimax from birth as it made a big difference to my 172,so it seams logical to carry on

ian

[Edited by ian 182 on 30 March 2005 at 2:38pm]