ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG computer playing up

Laguna

Hi guys, Noticed yesterday that the MPG computer when flicking through is flashing with no details displayed the only information that is showing is the trip computer, cruise control speed and the milage but the details for mpg and approx mileage for fuel etc do not display instead flash with -- -- -- etc. Any ideas what this can be?

Apparently a reset can help this problem, but there must be an underlying cause, as I have this problem on my 172 (with the throttle bodies conversion).

Anyway, in a previous thread it was said that you should reset everything by holding down the reset on the dash panel whilst turning on the ignition to position 2 (I believe - or was it hold it the trip button on the wiper stalk?)

If anyone knows the underlying cause please let me know as Ive still got to rewire in the resistor input from the original Fly-by-wire pedal etc - so is that likely to be it?

[Edited by Roamer on 30 July 2004 at 11:28am]

Laguna

Im wondering if its since ive fitted sat nav and its started to use the speed sensor lol. Will try your suggestion roamer. Cheers guys, always the electrical stuff thats the pain in the arse.

Laguna

Yep, there are two one on the ISO which we tested and found to work, but then when put into practice didnt work, so then used the far purple wire from the clocks (information from Car electronics) which tested fine and used for the Alpine sat nav which on the setup screen is recieving the speed pulse fine. But since doing all this the MPG computer is flashing, hope that makes sense.

Hmmm I think itll be for some other reason cos Id guess that the renault sat nav which I have hooks into the same one as your using.....

So well just wait and see.... Im gonna try this reset out and see what it does for my trouble LoL

K20 EG Hatch

i got the same problem as u mate, my car has never ever told me how many miles i got left to i need to refuel since i have had it?

will that fix it what you said earlier roamer?

Laguna

At 12:30 i will be trying it on my lunch break lol, Might even ring Renault after and see if they have any suggestions (always good for a laugh my local dealer).

Laguna

Done it, right. Following what roamer said but changing a little. Press the stalk trip button then place ignition to position 2. You will hear beaping and the dials moving round (looks kinda cool) all the lights will be on. Leave it a few seconds then press the reset button on the clocks. It resets completely and returns to normal. Turn ignition off then back on then all the dials hopefully are working. As mine are fine now! Cheers Roamer mate!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by clio172boy on 30 July 2004

Yep, there are two one on the ISO which we tested and found to work, but then when put into practice didnt work, so then used the far purple wire from the clocks (information from Car electronics) which tested fine and used for the Alpine sat nav which on the setup screen is recieving the speed pulse fine. But since doing all this the MPG computer is flashing, hope that makes sense.
maybe tapping into the wire with the sat nav is interferring with the instrument panel vehicle speed info.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Done it, right. Following what roamer said but changing a little. Press the stalk trip button then place ignition to position 2. You will hear beaping and the dials moving round (looks kinda cool) all the lights will be on. Leave it a few seconds then press the reset button on the clocks. It resets completely and returns to normal. Turn ignition off then back on then all the dials hopefully are working. As mine are fine now! Cheers Roamer mate!
did you make a note of the letters displayed on the screen whilst the panel was in test mode. when in test scroll through the screens (there will only be 3) and one screen will have the fault codes on it. this letter/s can be translated to tell you what information the instrument panel lost (eg-fuel flow,vehicle speed etc)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 30 July 2004

Apparently a reset can help this problem, but there must be an underlying cause, as I have this problem on my 172 (with the throttle bodies conversion).

Anyway, in a previous thread it was said that you should reset everything by holding down the reset on the dash panel whilst turning on the ignition to position 2 (I believe - or was it hold it the trip button on the wiper stalk?)

If anyone knows the underlying cause please let me know as Ive still got to rewire in the resistor input from the original Fly-by-wire pedal etc - so is that likely to be it?

[Edited by Roamer on 30 July 2004 at 11:28am]
does your conversion mean you have got rid of the original injection ecu?

Laguna

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 30 July 2004

did you make a note of the letters displayed on the screen whilst the panel was in test mode. when in test scroll through the screens (there will only be 3) and one screen will have the fault codes on it. this letter/s can be translated to tell you what information the instrument panel lost (eg-fuel flow,vehicle speed etc)
No letters at all. It just lit all the lcd symbals, on the display and the dials moved around the face in stages. I am hoping that this is means that everything is fine. As its work just fine now.

Cheers

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Re: Archived Post from old forum

Old thread I know just wanna say I was looking for an answer and this worked perfectly :)