ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG from 1.2 16v

Since my ECU update my mpg has dropped to around 40. What do other 1.2 16v owners get, even on a run it only goes up to 42mpg which is nowhere near specified and I never rev my car above 4000 RPM!!! The car has done 3300 miles now if that makes any difference.

I dont thrash my car round either, i have a 1.2 dynamique. at first i got loads of miles out of it. then the ecu died and got replaced on warranty, now it seems to do around 35mpg! mind you i have installed an amp wich may be causing the alternator to go a bit quicker, thus using more fuel. But i wouldnt have thought it would use that much!

Obviously the newer ECUs use more fuel but manage to keep the engine running! Oh well Id rather the car ran properly and used a bit more fuel!

who cares about mpg - if cars are your hobby you class fuel as part of that hobby so it doesnt really matter if you get an extra mile r 2 out of a gallon does it ? some geezers spend £500.00 on some wanky old fishin rod - its an hobby so enjoy it. if you r worried about fuel get a moped man.

I used to until they updated my ECU 3 weeks ago cause it was cutting out now its dropped down to between 38 and 40mpg!!!

Interesting My car keeps cutting out as well, normally happens when i put the clutch down, when was yours cutting out?

lol i got and average of 37.3 mpg out of my mk1 172,which included some country lane banzai attacks and a jaguar x-type pissing off at 125 mph session as well as usual traffic jams into leeds every morning.

doing about 38.2 at the mo!

same here, never put 2 + 2 together. But since ECU upgrade have been getting in the 35s! Can get it high but only on a long(ish) run.

When I first got it it would get 45MPG all the time, without trying. May be soimething to ask Renault?

The MPG Im getting I could run a 172 for the same!

Yeah The_Ronin mine used to cut out when dropping down to idle. And as for the 172 people your engines are much larger than mine so I would expect around 35mpg for your cars but as my car is supposed to do around 47mpg combined and nearly 60 on a run the figures Im getting dont even come close! Before the ECU update the fuel figures were around 46-48 now they are nowhere near! CB1A I do around 400 miles per week in my car so I need something pretty economical. I get around 340 miles per tank.

Im gonna contact the dealer about this, the figures I was quoted when I got the car are incorrect and it seems the same for a lot of people. This car is worse on fuel than my Punto was!!!

most I have managed on a 40 mile drive way 67.2mpg, but then again I was driving in neutral most of the way.

Got 53.9mpg going to Crail and back including my runs up the strip, get no more than about 46mpg absolute tops now. and thats on a long run driving nicely!

Then again, getting none atm, cos its fecked!