ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG???

Black-Gold 182
Sorry if this is a common thread...

Ok, so it's 9 miles to get to where I work, about 6 of them is a country road doing 50mph - 60mph, and the other 3 is driving through a town.

So that's 18miles altogether - how much will I be spending on fuel?
(I'll be using V - Power)

182BG
im not to sure, but i have a simliar trip to work (add a few more start and stops) but is why im now getting a diesel :)

to be honest it won't cost huge amounts, i wouldn't worry

Black-Gold 182
Well you obviously can't work out the answer for me....exibit.... that's why you're getting defensive???

Well you obviously can't work out the answer for me....exibit.... that's why you're getting defensive???

God forbid there's a cow in the road, you might use another 2p worth of petrol going round it. You haven't budgeted for that have you.

Black-Gold 182
No you're right, you know what girls are like - organising things.

This should make you laugh - haven't even got my car yet and I've bought renault sport window stickers and a renault sport keyring - sad or what??

on the look out
i never buget as dont drive it during the week the wife does but we dont let it go below half a tank :rasp:

ITB BG 182
Where i work its 30 zones an 40 zones between loads of islands and 20 of fuel lasts me the week if the boss dont try to prove a point that i can still over take his arse.

R35 GTR
£42 a tank, v-power gets me 300 miles. This is the journey to and from my moms. About 30 miles of that towny sort of driving, and 270 all motorway.

Not bad eh???;) I can get to around a 1/4 of that if I drive like i stole it.

Black Gold with cup packs
£42 a tank, v-power gets me 300 miles. This is the journey to and from my moms. About 30 miles of that towny sort of driving, and 270 all motorway.

In a clio turbo? Thats brilliant!
Would you suggest turboing my 172? or should I just p/x my car and get a Vee or trophy? obviously then will have no turbo?

Mercedes SLK350
I have been getting 38/39 mpg just lately, travelling along various speed limit country roads.

Depending on how you drive you might use half a gallon of fuel a day on your round trip to and from work.

R35 GTR

In a clio turbo? Thats brilliant!
Would you suggest turboing my 172? or should I just p/x my car and get a Vee or trophy? obviously then will have no turbo?

Get a turbo, I've just upped the boost to 12psi and fook me this thing gives you a kick in the back. Great for overtaking manouvers.

The trophy would be a good choice if you want a car that can handle well, who needs acceleration if you never have to slow down.:)

The V6 is apparently not as easy to handle as the fwd 172/182. Plus performance wise, not very quick. They look fooking nice though!!!!!

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
If I drive carefully, I get 42-45mpg on my drive to work which is a mix of dual carriage way and town. I have tried both V-Power and Sansburies super and there was zero difference economy or performance wise, so I stick with sainsburies which is £4 a tank cheaper.

2004 182 Black Gold
If I drive carefully, I get 42-45mpg on my drive to work which is a mix of dual carriage way and town. I have tried both V-Power and Sansburies super and there was zero difference economy or performance wise, so I stick with sainsburies which is £4 a tank cheaper.

Do you rev the engine above 2.5k ?

That's some MPG... The best I've ever got is around 39-40 MPG and that was using cruise on a long motorway run :eek:

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis

Do you rev the engine above 2.5k ?

That's some MPG... The best I've ever got is around 39-40 MPG and that was using cruise on a long motorway run :eek:

Change at 2k and cruise at about 2.8-3.2k (45-50). That aside, I made various other changes to the way I drive and it's really paying off. I'm up from 30mpg on the same route, which saves me £70 a month not to mention brakes and tyres :) Might as well save them for a more interesting bit of road.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
I do 40 mile round trip to work - town and about 10 mile on M1 - getting about 32mpg and average 25 mph! Full tank last me about a week.

im doing town driveing im getting 41mpg on my 1.2 :S i get 300 i expect i can get more out of mytank but i bottle it the gauge is at the last light i spend 33-35 quid,at sainsburys on super which is 33-35ltrs ish how big is the tank