ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hi, hope this is in the right section.
Ive seen on the net that im ment to get 40+mpg on a run out of my 04 clio 1.6 quite easily. The most i can possibly manage is under 35mpg and that is driving so so carefully. Just normal driving i get between 32-34mpg.

Is the 40mpg figure abit ambitious or could there be something wrong with my clio?

Thanks
James

Titanium 182
If your on the motorway or something 40mpg is quite easily achievable, country roads and that i tend to be about 37/38

i drive a 1.4 16v dynamique :)

James

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Its recently had 4 new tyres and i check them at least 2 times a month, always at 32psi. I did a service on it bout 1000miles ago including new air filter, oil filter and oil, spark plugs and coil packs.

I know its only a few mpg off but with the price of petrol and the fact i got more out of my focus which had both a bigger engine and weighed more and its quite hard to get it at anything over 35

i was wondering the same with my car, i do alot of town driving and was worried that i was only getting 30MPG on my 1.2, started driving like a grandad and there was no reall change, then i went on the motor way reset the MPG counter and it shot up between 47 - and at one point about 52 (but the 52 was costing down a hill).:)

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
i was wondering the same with my car, i do alot of town driving and was worried that i was only getting 30MPG on my 1.2, started driving like a grandad and there was no reall change, then i went on the motor way reset the MPG counter and it shot up between 47 - and at one point about 52 (but the 52 was costing down a hill).:)

Ive done a few long journeys on the motoway too london from my house (portsmouth) i reset the computer and drive at around 60-70mph barely touching the accelartor and not slowing down or doing any real accleration and still only get 35-37mpg

have you got a performance exhaust and carrying extra weight like, heavy sub in the back, my car does a lot less MPG when we sqwash 5 people in a 1.2 clio. And performance mods like after market air filtr and decat is bound to lower ur MPG.

Titanium 182

Ive done a few long journeys on the motoway too london from my house (portsmouth) i reset the computer and drive at around 60-70mph barely touching the accelartor and not slowing down or doing any real accleration and still only get 35-37mpg

Somethings not right there, when i do that i can see up to 50mpg

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
cars completely standard apart from 16" clio 172 wheels which make no diffrence because it was the same with the standard 15's.

Im not sure if it would have something to do with my other thread about the temp sensor. It goes down to 2bars quite often and im not sure if the ecu would think the engine is still cold and has the "choke" on slightly.

I drive a 1.4 16V, and get 40 - 45mpg. I have a boot full of subs and amps, so imagine what i could get.

I believe I get this because of my Pipercross airfilter. As it draws in hotter air than the standard air filter. Meaning less power, more economy!

Obviously I drive with a light foot and on the motorway every day. - Rarely use the brake, as I judge distances. - Only use the power of the car when it's warmed up. Etc.

cars completely standard apart from 16" clio 172 wheels which make no diffrence because it was the same with the standard 15's.

Im not sure if it would have something to do with my other thread about the temp sensor. It goes down to 2bars quite often and im not sure if the ecu would think the engine is still cold and has the "choke" on slightly.

looks like thats your problem then, so no engine mods and u don't drive like ur running from the cops then i guess there must be a fault some where.

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique

looks like thats your problem then, so no engine mods and u don't drive like ur running from the cops then i guess there must be a fault some where.

Nope engine is completely standard. lol no i dont rag it at all, its my girlfriends car and i have a history of destroying gearboxes (on my 5th in my focus) so i drive like a proper grandad because i know if i broke anything i would lose my balls!

Audi S1
Its recently had 4 new tyres and i check them at least 2 times a month, always at 32psi. I did a service on it bout 1000miles ago including new air filter, oil filter and oil, spark plugs and coil packs.

I know its only a few mpg off but with the price of petrol and the fact i got more out of my focus which had both a bigger engine and weighed more and its quite hard to get it at anything over 35

If thats at a petrol station there not always correct.... if possible get it done at a garage or do it yourself...:star:

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
thats with a hand held tyre pressure meter thats has a accuracy of +/- 1% and its done when the tyres are stone cold.

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
5 gearboxes? Im staggered for words to be honest

lol so was i each time i looked at my bank balance afterwards! but in my defence they are known to be pretty weak and on there limit for the engine i had and 1 of the gearboxes that was supposedly brand new, had a massive crack around the diff casing that had been filled with filler and painted. But thankfully ive grow out of my silly boy racer stage now.