ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MS Outlook help

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Random question.

I've got nearly 500 emails in my inbox at work šŸ˜”šŸ˜”
Some I have actioned an am waiting for people to come back to me.
What I'd love to be able to do is make a note about the email so I know what I've done. So simply hoover over the email with my mouse and it displays my comment.

Is this even possible?

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Random question.

I've got nearly 500 emails in my inbox at work šŸ˜”šŸ˜”
Some I have actioned an am waiting for people to come back to me.
What I'd love to be able to do is make a note about the email so I know what I've done. So simply hoover over the email with my mouse and it displays my comment.

Is this even possible?
I Have the following method set up to add notes to my emails that doesn't link in replies etc

1. Right click on the header row (where it says ā€œAll | Unread | Mentionsā€¦ā€ if you havenā€™t changed the default) on the list column.
  2. Select ā€œView Settingsā€¦ā€, then ā€œColumnsā€¦ā€, then ā€œNew Columnā€¦ā€.
  3. Name your column and move your new column up or down to where you want it to appear. Usually it is easier to spot and read the notes if it is the first column. Click ā€œOKā€ to save.
  4. Next you have to change the settings so you can enter notes in the new column. Go to ā€œView Settingsā€¦ā€ again and click ā€œOther Settingsā€¦ā€
  5. In the ā€œOther Settingsā€¦ā€ box, check the box marked ā€œAllow in-cell editingā€. Click ā€œOKā€. Now you can type in the new column. You are limited to 70 characters, including spaces and punctuation.
  6. To adjust the display width of the column, go to ā€œView Settingsā€¦ā€, then ā€œFormat Columnsā€ and ā€œSpecific widthā€. The maximum characters you can choose is 50.
1718276774466.png

Once Setup you can then click in the box to enter text

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I Have the following method set up to add notes to my emails that doesn't link in replies etc

1. Right click on the header row (where it says ā€œAll | Unread | Mentionsā€¦ā€ if you havenā€™t changed the default) on the list column.
  2. Select ā€œView Settingsā€¦ā€, then ā€œColumnsā€¦ā€, then ā€œNew Columnā€¦ā€.
  3. Name your column and move your new column up or down to where you want it to appear. Usually it is easier to spot and read the notes if it is the first column. Click ā€œOKā€ to save.
  4. Next you have to change the settings so you can enter notes in the new column. Go to ā€œView Settingsā€¦ā€ again and click ā€œOther Settingsā€¦ā€
  5. In the ā€œOther Settingsā€¦ā€ box, check the box marked ā€œAllow in-cell editingā€. Click ā€œOKā€. Now you can type in the new column. You are limited to 70 characters, including spaces and punctuation.
  6. To adjust the display width of the column, go to ā€œView Settingsā€¦ā€, then ā€œFormat Columnsā€ and ā€œSpecific widthā€. The maximum characters you can choose is 50.
View attachment 1697012

Once Setup you can then click in the box to enter text
Many thanks