ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MSN help needed please!

R.I.P 182
I have just "updated MSN" from the MSN thingy that pops up, but it wont work and i cant download it from the original site :(

Anyway i can get MSN 7.5 back again?? It did it all again but said that it was still 7.5 after being updated? im confused!

Would still like the one with voice stuff and smileys so think its 7.5? meh..

help!

Golf GTI 1.8T
if you have windows xp, it comes with its own version of msn messenger called windows messenger. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories and it should be in there somewhere, you can use that the same as msn

Golf GTI 1.8T
Baby D said:
I don't have a windows messenger in here :( I do have XP too :( Balls :(

you will have it I'm sure!!

go on My Computer > Local Disk (C:) Drive > Program Files > Messenger and click on the msn dudes!

R.I.P 182
BluePete said:
Can't you not Add/Remove the one that isn't working, restart and try installing again..?

have done that! lol!!! The one that was originally there was 7.5 and worked fine, and it said update available but i usually dont click it but i did an it mucked it up.. grrrrrrrr!

R.I.P 182
Even E-messenger wont work for me lol.. the webmessenger link wont work either Ben..

Cheers anyway :( Gotta go out anyways lol :( *sigh*

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If your on XP do system restore to a point before you installed the new version of msn messenger .Should work , always has done for me in the past :)

MrBillyUK !

R.I.P 182
Pete - nah its not my password, MSN just freezes wont do anything lol..

Billy - system restore? can i do that then? wont it wipe the PC?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
System restore should restore it back to a point before you installed the latest msn messenger . Its not the same as restoring you pc back to factory settings with a restore disc .

Just go to > start > programs > accessories > system tools > system restore.

When you install new software it usually adds a restore point on your pc .So if you restore it to a time just before you installed the new msn it " should " restore it back to the older version of msn that what was running fine .

But don't forget msn is " Microsoft " so nothings simple ,lol .
Its worth a try anyway . Works with normal software installations .
Good luck :)

MrBillyUK !

R.I.P 182
Hmmm... so if i restore it it will just make the pc back how it was yesterday?? Im using this webmessenger its rubbish :(

I dont wanna lose anything on my PC though?? :-/

Unless anyone can ZIP me the programme? lol! it wont load when i install from MSN website...

Anyways.. system restore help!!! :(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
System restore only restores your pc back to a time when it was working fine . In your case before you installed the newer version of msn messenger . You won't lose anything from your pc , its not the same as restoring your pc with the disk that alot of computers come with .

Just follow the arrows :

Click on start > programs > accessories > system tools > system restore .

You will end up with a calendar , and some of the dates will be in Bold type . These are restore points that windows saves at random or usually when you are installing new software . Lets say that you installed the new version of msn yesterday . You need to go back to an earlier time that your pc was running ok , the nearest restore point before you installed the new version of msn .It will be in Bold type . Like on the photo below . Click on the date that is in bold , then on next and follow the on screen instructions .

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/mrbillyuk/Systemrestore.jpg

In theory , before you ever install new software you should create your own restore point just in case windows doesn't and you havea problem . Then you can just put your computer back to how it was before you installed the software .
Sorry for long winded explanation. Hope i am making myself clear :)

MrBillyUK !

Last edited:
  Ph2 172
Pleased i'm not the only one then!!!!!

I accepted the "update" that it offered me, and can't get it to log on any more. Had thought of going down the Sys Restore route, think that should work i think, just can't be bothered at the moment!! Job for tomorrow me thinks.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think Baby D's pc must have blown up after sys restore , OOOPS :eek:

She ain't been back on to say if she sorted her msn

MrBillyUK !

Ph2 172
LOL, well yeah maybe it did!!!!

As suspected, sys restore has sorted mine, just waiting for MSN to offer that bloody update again............

R.I.P 182
It did fook my PC up!!! LOL nothing would work at all! I gave it a few restarts an its cool, but no, msn still wont work when i install and load it..

MattW - did your MSN let you type your email in really slowly then not work? lol! Mine said gateway offline but i dunno how to fix it..

Restore took me back to before i installed it but not to the old version, now i have none. lol..

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Baby D said:
It did fook my PC up!!! LOL nothing would work at all! I gave it a few restarts an its cool, but no, msn still wont work when i install and load it..

MattW - did your MSN let you type your email in really slowly then not work? lol! Mine said gateway offline but i dunno how to fix it..

Restore took me back to before i installed it but not to the old version, now i have none. lol..

Sounds like your a fcuked . Only way i could think would be to reinstall windows . It would only install the bits that are missing , like msn messenger . Or you could try Trillian .

http://www.download.com/Trillian/3000-2150-10047473.html#

MrBillyUK !

R.I.P 182
Oh i hate trillian lol..

Im gonna wipe and format the PC but i need to get a removable HD first...

No way of fixing gateway?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Baby D said:
Oh i hate trillian lol..

Im gonna wipe and format the PC but i need to get a removable HD first...

No way of fixing gateway?

From what i've read on the net . Msn 7.5 is causing lots of ppl problems once they've installed it . Maybe this first link will answer your problems ? You'll have to copy n paste the first link .

http://spaces.msn.com/members/messenger-support/Blog/cns!1pUFzGgzjAV-OT0jri_AqaGw!1070.entry

http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...&tid=f8bdf5aa-8592-43a5-8e5d-ec38e1c037ab&p=1

http://www.allgunsblazing.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4990

MrBillyUK !

Ph2 172
Baby D, yeah that's exactly what mine did. Type mail address in really slowly, then wouldn't log in.

I just did sys restore back to the day before (before i did the upgrade) and it's sweet now.

I guess ideally you need to find an earlier version that will still work. I have a copy of V6 somewhere i think, but suspect that wouldn't work at all, and it would just want to upgrade straight away. Should be able to find an old version on the net somewhere.

R.I.P 182
Yeh, i was fine with 7 / 7.5 whatever one it is, and i used to have trouble with it downloading all the time so i avoided it but i did it and messed it up lol.. mates bringing a removable harddrive round tomorrow so shall do it then!