ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mudflaps - Yay or Nay?

Muddy Flappy Flaps

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Clio 1.2 Expression
Noticed alot of the cars on here havent got mudflaps. Mine came with them, and dont really understand why people take them off. There not exactly noticable on my car. But maybe they are on more heavily modded cars.
What do people think?

Also sorry for posting so many threads on here lately, Im knew to all this and you guys seem to make a lot more sense to me than google. Hopefully one day I can use my gained knowledge to help others.

Image00008.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
moulded mini-flaps I like.

rally-style sheets of blue acrylic nailed into the wheel arch, different matter entirely

:)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hell yeah! :)

Granted - they really should only be on cars that they were 'designed' on. Getting a set of black Ralliart flaps was the first purchase I made for the Evo when I got it.

I do like the little stubby ones too that are moulded to the arches of many cars though. Would have been nice if the RS range of Clios could have had a subtle set of mud-flaps made for them by Reno.

D.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I can't say it's ever bother me one way or another,
even the aftermarket rally ones don't look offensive to me.

Fast & Furious body kits on the other hand......

I'd vote if there was an option that said, 'meh, i'm not bothered either way'.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I think they look rubbish. Apart from saving the odd possible stone chip they are pointless to me as I regularly wash my car so its hardly ever dirty.

182 track, Mk7 ST
On a non sport, I'd say the standard moulded ones look fine but personally don't think they'd suit the sports.

A definite no to rally flaps, unless of course it was a rally car and then it could be acceptable lol!

BMW E34 540i
Am I the only one considering mud flaps as a safety feature of the car - they increase visibility in the rain for all the users of the road ?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
moulded mini-flaps I like.

rally-style sheets of blue acrylic nailed into the wheel arch, different matter entirely

:)

This, unless it's actually rallied. In that case, I love them.
13668-22775-85685.jpg

ACCEPTABLE.

25693129.jpg

s**t.

The more people who realise the subtle difference, the better.

As for the poll, I voted yes, because it's about the standard flaps.