ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX-5 at Oulton Park (Trackday, quite a lot of sideways action, then some dry laps)

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Hello,

Here's a vid from Saturday at Oulton. Was freezing cold all day, and rain overnight meant the track was pretty dodgy early on! It dried throughout the day to end up with an almost fully dry line.

The vid is pretty long... The first bits are most entertaining I think, then maybe the last few minutes to show the contrast between morning and afternoon conditions!

0:05 - My mate Adam going sideways a lot
1:05 - Me going sideways a lot
1:54 - Me chasing Dave with Stan as passenger
6:05 - A lap on my own hunting down a Porsche
8:20 - Me driving with Adam in the passenger seat, following Stan
11:40 - Clear lap with a dry track (turns out my quickest at Oulton in that car)
14:00 - Me doing it wrong!

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
  Lotus Elise
Re: MX-5 at Oulton Park (Trackday, quite a lot of sideways action, then some dry laps

Nice bit of driving that.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Re: MX-5 at Oulton Park (Trackday, quite a lot of sideways action, then some dry laps

Defo more fun & entertaining ;)

Turbos.

Looks a lot of fun! Just shows you don't need much, as long as it RWD.

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member

Some great driving and a load of fun - but remember hands at quarter to three all the time, no leg resting ;)

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy

Cheers guys - was a fun day!

Also had a blast in my mate's Clio, made me want one again :( Even pretty standard (bar Apex springs and a rear ARB) it was so good.

Last edited by a moderator:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Looks like great fun. Video quality is spot on too

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

just another reason why i hate you lol

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy

Cos I have a really manly car?

Clio 172

My mate Rich was there in the Orange MX-5 that he ended up blowing the engine on due to lack of oil.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy

Oh bugger :( The race spec one? SHaring a garage with a black one?

I have done the same before, lol :eek:

I love the short throw on MX gear levers so much!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

My mate Rich was there in the Orange MX-5 that he ended up blowing the engine on due to lack of oil.

Oh, dear!
Think Adam found that out the hard way too?
Max or above is the only way.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy

and the fact you can properly pedal a car now lol

It's just time in the seat, get your daily on some wet winter trackdays!

I love the short throw on MX gear levers so much!

Yeah man, it's a decent little gearbox.

Oh, dear!
Think Adam found that out the hard way too?
Max or above is the only way.

Haha - yes, and yes!

Suzuki Swift Sport

Really good vid, enjoyable to watch. Looks so much fun!