ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 1.2 16v ph1 bugdet build project

Hi all this is my first build thread, both cars for the build cost me less than £250 each, so cant complain but needed to buy the silver one as needed a daily/project and blue one desided to make a peep hole in the block lol....anyways the First few photo's are of the old shell i was gonna use for my build including me taken the old standard suspension of the new one which is also pictured. Some people mite say bout the bodywork but dont care how ropey the bodywork is it will hide wot i will doin to them ;)
2013-05-17162613_zpse77cec67.jpg
2013-10-23171525_zps232e5e46.jpg
2013-10-23171547_zps3ad24fb2.jpg

Dont worry will be ripping of all the so call "cool kids idea of sticker bombing" lol
silverclio1_zps9378d63e.jpg

Exhaust has already been ripped of as will show pic's of the nobs idea of fitting it....
silverclio4_zps83da1c9d.jpg
2013-10-24155754_zpsdf761121.jpg

If anyone has standard front wings please let me no or pm me, as the previous owner thought it was cool to fit them.
silverclio2_zpse7e7fa5c.jpg

I saw photo's of it already stripped but realized nearly all bolts have been either rounded of or broken when got car home so got to get drill out as wanna use isofix bar for harnesses's eventually...............
silverclio3_zps2a584c81.jpg

As for the stupidly over the top air filter that apparantly came of a golf r32 as already been removed for standard to help pass mot.....
silverclio5_zps2bef0b79.jpg

Please excuse not good with computers but wanted to share and this is my first build thread, anyways i have planned alot and already spent alot on brakes and suspension inc:-
  • 172 front sub-frame including calipers etc
  • 172 rear axle came complete but bought new pads and disc's
  • Matt lewis braided brake line's
  • powerflex dogmount
  • Solid top mounts (awaiting to get anodized)
  • k-tec coilovers (which then got sold to my mate as they where still in box unopened just waiting for them to be back in stock ;))
  • sphryical rear axle bearing conversion
  • camber shims
  • Steering wheel boss-OMP
  • rmd(rally design) steering wheel
mite have forgot a few things.
I have also fitted the top dash that gets rid of the passenger airbag and clock/radio display.

i do have more plans and already have an 172 engine but wen funds are avaliable will need to get gearbox/loom/ecu/exhaust/etc but as a bugdet build will take time but am gettin feed up waiting for it to be done hahaha i just hope people on ere will like saink different than making a clio rep without the engine and brake etc setup. Any comments are appriciated even if peeps are not liking wot i am doin. :rasp:

Last edited:
  2007 Clio 197
You seen to have a fair idea what your doing.
Whats your plans for this? Daily driver? Or something more?

Arctic 182
Did you purchase the silver one from a kid in Herne Bay? I think you was viewing it in my road, you got a lift in a white RS?!!

You seen to have a fair idea what your doing.
Whats your plans for this? Daily driver? Or something more?

Yea i got a rough plan to what i wanna do, but its just a pain that this is been goin on for about a year and a half as got other outgoings but wanna fit brakes and suspension first before the real power is transplanted, but i wanna try and build a track/road beast but with it looking like a beaten up standard 1.2 so scoobie/VXR's/etc drivers s**te themselves hahaha :p hense my user name lol

Is that Clio on air? Or did someone forget to fit the back dampers :p

Na i wish then i would get the stance i crave for hahaha but as i only had one set of axle stands i need to sum how swap rear shocks and temp i fitted standard 172 rear springs to the blue and the silver had failed on everything else but not the shocks as the bottom bushes was hanging (worse than me on a sunday morning) so just dropped the hole body onto the wheels with no springs nor dampers. Should of taken the front springs out or cut with angle grinder just for the lool's. Didnt matter the next day it got scrapped :(

Did you purchase the silver one from a kid in Herne Bay? I think you was viewing it in my road, you got a lift in a white RS?!!

Yes i did purchase this from the kid in Herne Bay, the kid was a good lad it just the people that fitted the exhaust need a slap big time welding a lambda sensor, r u dumb bruv lol , but there the same people that done the mot and they failed it on stuff that is in good working order i.e. said both front springs broken, found out they wasnt after i started to strip them out, i feel sorry for the boy i fink they was ripping him of because he was a returning customer. As for my mates white ph1 172 i drove it once and fell in love with it (thats where the coilovers went to now i got to wait till they get more in stock haha).....saying that from a old skool ford man sounds weird but cant afford old skool anymore lol

Arctic 182
Yes i did purchase this from the kid in Herne Bay, the kid was a good lad it just the people that fitted the exhaust need a slap big time welding a lambda sensor, r u dumb bruv lol , but there the same people that done the mot and they failed it on stuff that is in good working order i.e. said both front springs broken, found out they wasnt after i started to strip them out, i feel sorry for the boy i fink they was ripping him of because he was a returning customer. As for my mates white ph1 172 i drove it once and fell in love with it (thats where the coilovers went to now i got to wait till they get more in stock haha).....saying that from a old skool ford man sounds weird but cant afford old skool anymore lol

Thought I recognised it! Not trying to be funny but every time he left the road he would boot it off as if it was a Ferrari lol. Yeah he seems ok, had trouble with his family for years but that's nothing to do with forums or cars lol.
Yeah I pulled up next to him & said "that's lovely mate", but didn't ask if he was on here.
I know what you mean, a decent ford now can go for silly money!
Where you from?!

Thought I recognised it! Not trying to be funny but every time he left the road he would boot it off as if it was a Ferrari lol. Yeah he seems ok, had trouble with his family for years but that's nothing to do with forums or cars lol.
Yeah I pulled up next to him & said "that's lovely mate", but didn't ask if he was on here.
I know what you mean, a decent ford now can go for silly money!
Where you from?!

Mate i felt s**t scared wen he took me for test drive, even my mate said wot is he the next lewis hamilton lol.
I found him a bit funny. Just a bit piffff'd of wen he said he had stripped it out ready for track and lookin at it was more like ripped out with a hammer.
Yea my mate did say that u said saink (couldnt remember lol) and no he not on here but doesnt mind me postin the odd pic of it lol.
Im from ashford mate or trashford lol.
It would b nice to pop to a kent meet one day once i atleast got brakes and suspension fitted,just ordered my second coilovers for it but 172 set up aint gonna b done until after xmas lol.

just some more pic's, i got given some 20mmx4 spacers even though they had different internal bore so my mate bored and cleaned them up and then he made these hubcentric for both types:
2013-11-28215459_zpsb2ba1551.jpg

also got round to fitting my 15" wheels and changing the headlights for non-faded items and also fitted the phase 2 rear lights and also finished fitting the top dash that removes the passenger air-bag and the radio/clock/air temp display....i no not alot of weight but it all helps:rasp:
2013-12-01140523_zps91e1c308.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2013-12-01140458_zps2ecd1b1e.jpg

2013-12-01140439_zps3c0ccd64.jpg

sorry for quality of pictures done them on my phone lol

I received a box yesterday yippy!!!!!! and also recieved some pictures from my mate to day just cant wait till there anodized gonna look good and the handling, when i get to fit it all, will be such an improvement.....................................
340d45c1-8ffc-4488-8457-c262ddcde128_zps5e722135.jpg

IMG-20131206-WA0002_zps958fe6df.jpg
IMG-20131205-WA0004_zps694ee575.jpg

IMG-20131205-WA0001_zps91bc18da.jpg