ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 ownership adventure, 56k.. erm.. no..

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Well started driving november last year, spent better part of 3 years on motorbikes, traveling into london alot i just couldn't see the point in owning a car... but after a few winters & near misses i decided on a car:eek: , after looking on the net & reviews i decided on a clio, always preffered the look over other hatch backs so decided on a 1.2 mk2 ph2, unfortunatly at the time they were out of my price range so i settled for a Ph1, what it looked like the day i bought it -

DSC00104.jpg

4 previous owners, 65k on the clock, i saw hope with a few mods!

After a propa clean, spent a good few hours on the thing -

DSC00107.jpg

So with it looking "ok" to drive around & be seen in public i decided on driving it car to work for the first time.... i didn't make the 10 mile journey... on the first bloodey day this happend -

DSC00131.jpg

yep you guessed it, cambelt snapped.. just great so i was now forced to sell my bike.. tried the put a new belt on & see if it runs method, that didn't work though, i wonder why?? -

DSC00142.jpg

Luckily a m8 helped me sort it all out & get it bk on the road, 3 weekends on my drive in the rain. so with it all restored to former glory i was happy untill 3 weeks later the clutch started slippin.. was not happy with the reno owner ship at all & even got tempted to buy some thing new on fianance but luckily my gd side steered me clear & decided to fix it & carry on with the plan to do some subtle mods, first in line, alloys -

DSC00193.jpg

For £200 fitted with brand new contis all round i was a happy man indeed except for the fact it looked like a 4*4 lol so suspension was the nxt thing on the list -

DSC00212.jpg

How it looked after being dropped 35mm + some ph2 rear lights ( thanks to fubars site on the wirring ) -

DSC00216.jpg

next mod was a spolier of a dynamique, Got this for £20, was in need of some tlc & a respray

DSC00733.jpg

After spending a few days wet n drying, priming, painting & laying a few coats of clear i was very happy with the results -

DSC00224.jpg

So i was finnaly getting happy with how my clio was starting to look.. but before i could begin my next mod i lost the use of my back seats thanks to the poxy handles going on both seats so off to reno stealers & they wanted £50 to repair my old seats:eek: .. so finally found some one on hear sellin full set of bk & front cup seats, managed to get them for £70, result!

started to play with the interior -

DSC00261.jpg

side by side, old with the new -

DSC00266.jpg

Me likey :cool:

DSC00269.jpg

Was tempted at this point to gut it, make a big go cart:evil:
But i didn't... decided they'd come in use for some taxing as always

DSC00270.jpg

so next on the list was colour coding, went to halfords to put damage on the plastic.. later that day

DSC00303.jpg

drove round like this for a few days, even had a police car follow me for a gd 3 miles one night & didn't get stopped although i was preparing my self for, hmmm must of fell off :eek:

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

next up was the badges -

DSC00297.jpg

Abit of colour -

DSC00298.jpg

Thought about keeping one colour but ended up bk at halfords for black touch up -

DSC00300.jpg

so after money spent hear & there i decided i was finally happy after almost a year, the results -

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

So thats it till 172 insurance becomes sensible!

Lots of Alfas
Nice work, Clio loks very smart, reminds me of my old 1.2. You did a good job of bending those valves.

320d
nice looks just like a mk2 ph2 from the back would take someone who knows there clio's to spot the rifference on the last photo, you did a realy good job of the colour coding mate i'm impressed, infact it looks better than the job renault did on colour coding my car and that was standard on my car :eek:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks for positive imput guys, makes it all worth it that some one notices:eek: , Brett_1990, i wasn't 100% happy with the finnish so went bk to halfords with 7 empty cans & said i'm not happy with the finnish, they said did you paint in a booth?? yes of course i painted it in my heated, sealed garage ( as you can see from the picture with the rear bumper :rasp: ) after half an hour argueing with the manager they gave me £55 back so it cost me about £30 to colour code my whole car:approve: .. although a weeks worth of prep etc was on my own time

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Well tidy fella. You have some good taste in mods and it's good to hear you stuck with it dispite the set backs.
Don't think they'd have believed you if you claimed it 'must have fallen off' :rasp:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I'm thinking clear side repeaters & colour coding the door handles as said above, thing with the door handles is i've gotta take all the door cards out to get them off, had to do it through the summer as my drivers side elecy window packed up.. not fun so dont fancy doing driver & passenger side now theres no light left in the evening after work:dapprove:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
wicked thread its nearly exactly the same as mine so its good to be able to see what some of the mods look like before i do them lol it looks great!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks guys, nothing better than a little diy ;) , 172 prgress thread will be on the way soon, didn't look so pretty when i bought it but like this one, I saw hope!! lol