ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 project

mk2 1.2 16v
Ok so not that ambitious compared to some of the other projects posted on here but thought i would make this as i go along doing bits and bobs i've got planned for my car. (Apologies for the crap pics, phone camera + photobucket = gash quality) :eek:

Started off like this about a year ago:
DSC00704.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

Now just recently starting to get things how i'm wanting them.

First came a beesting aerial and turner footrest (no pics) and silvertech indicator bulbs as well as smoked side repeators.

Before:
DSC00465.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

After:
DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Then came some silver dash inserts for the interior, not quite sure on these yet as im not sure if they go with the 2 tone dash lol. Also fitted some interior and number plate LED lights i got on the cheap (the pics of which i cant find atm)

Before:
DSC00471.jpg

After:
DSC00472.jpg

Then today after picking up a few goodies from renault i set about a couple of other things...

First job on the list was to fit my cup spoiler as i've always hated the little plastic strip i had before. A big thanks to frosty123 on here again for it and after adding in the brake light and washer jet i had got from renault i set about fitting it.

A few before pics:
DSC00477.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

Then some afters :D (much better):
DSC00496.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

Then came a new temperature sensor since my one was fooked (thanks to brownyboy for saving me £30 lol) :approve:

What it thought the temp outside was today before :rolleyes: (in scotland, flol):
DSC00491.jpg

And much more like it at less than half the temp:
DSC00492.jpg

I then turned my attention to fitting the last item on my list for today, my RS grille. Old one put up a bit of a fight to come off but got there in the end. :evil:

Old grille:
DSC00693.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

During fitting:
DSC00486.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

Finished:
DSC00490.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

Thats everything up til now, few more pics just for the hell of it :cool:
DSC00499.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

Still to come...
Alloys (if i can get my grubby mits on some that is) :dapprove:
Lowering springs
New headunit (hopefully on its way)
Colour coding and painted side bullets
Pedals to match footrest (awaiting being fitted)
Sideskirts (already have them unpainted but got no idea how to fit them tbh lol)

Future possibilities:
172 rear bumper
RS interior

Thanks for reading,
Graham

P.S. apologies for the filthy car in most of the pics, most of the stuff i fitted just before washing it so was in a right state during it :eek: lol

Last edited:
  MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Hi mate, its good to see a fellow non RS owner with taste! Theres a guide on here showing you how to fit the skirts. Car look clean to me, id check the bay for wheels. I got my OZ ultras for £400 in mint condish. Good work :approve:

Nice progress so far mate, Only thing i disslike is the cream coloured plastics inside, But not much can be done about that unless you changed it over.

Get some alloys, Will look much nicer.

mk2 1.2 16v
Hi mate, its good to see a fellow non RS owner with taste! Theres a guide on here showing you how to fit the skirts. Car look clean to me, id check the bay for wheels. I got my OZ ultras for £400 in mint condish. Good work :approve:

Cheers!
Yeah I've seen the guide on here, the skirts I've got are genuine renault ones though, which come with instructions but tbh it's all like hieroglyphics to me :S lol

Think I'm becoming addicted to ebay im on it that much these days looking for wheels lol, I'm desperate for a set of either 172 alloys, OZ F1's/ Superleggera's in 16" but the last two are a bugger to find in a) that size and b) clio fitment and there hasnt been a set of 172 alloys in my budget for a while. I'll keep looking though and a set is bound to crop up some time

Nice progress so far mate, Only thing i disslike is the cream coloured plastics inside, But not much can be done about that unless you changed it over.

Get some alloys, Will look much nicer.

Yeah I'm not a fan of it either tbh but I'm not up for ripping the whole dash out so looks like I'm stuck with it unfortunately :( lol

Alloys are top of my list at the moment... as i say i just need to get my hands on some first

Charged Superleggera
looking good graham mate. much better than before. thought you were getting super Ts but like what rob 88 said keep an eye on ebay. think ultras would look good on it. also think that all your plans for the car are spot on.

Charged Superleggera
is it the 15" or 16" oz f1's you are after. because there were 2 sets of 15's the last time i checkd. imo 16's would look better. will keep an eye on ebay for you and if i find something i will let u know mate.

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Wheels go really cheap on the for sale section on this site too mate. Are the instructions French? lol. Are your skirts from a 1*2? If so you'll need the wings too

mk2 1.2 16v
looking good graham mate. much better than before. thought you were getting super Ts but like what rob 88 said keep an eye on ebay. think ultras would look good on it. also think that all your plans for the car are spot on.

Thanks mate, as you say its a lot better than before already :cool:

Yeah i was promised first dibs on a set for sale which then ended up going to someone else :mad: so back to square one again

And yeah I'm holding out for 16's no matter what wheels i end up going for, 15's would be too small on a mk2 imo

Rob_88, nah the instructions are all pics and diagrams, what little writing there is is in french though lol. The skirts aren't RS ones as i didnt want to get the wings and front bumper, their just general mk2 ph2 ones. I'll see if i can post a couple of pics of them

Charged Superleggera
unlucky mate. there was a guy a couple of weeks ago selling some bbs rims in black. they were 15" but i think they would look very cool on your car. also he wasnt after much (£70 fo a all 4). will try to find them for you.

mk2 1.2 16v
unlucky mate. there was a guy a couple of weeks ago selling some bbs rims in black. they were 15" but i think they would look very cool on your car. also he wasnt after much (£70 fo a all 4). will try to find them for you.

Aye well pretty much anything would look better than the plastic trims on them at the moment :eek: lol.

Cheers mate i appreciate it.

Had my eye on a set of 172 alloys for sale on here but just cant afford them at the moment as they were going to come to £415 refurbed and delivered :dapprove: so back to ebay i go lol.