ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 1080p tv

goodmans gtvl42w15hd

my pics sorry bout the quality cam isnt very good so doesnt do it justice at all !!!
freeview
freeview%201.JPG

freeview%202.JPG

freeview%203.JPG

freeview4.JPG

xbox 360 via vga 1080p
doa%201.JPG

doa2.JPG

doa%203.JPG

doa%204.JPG

360 playing starwars 1080p
swars1.JPG

pc 1080p
pc1.JPG

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Have been looking at this TV for ages over on AVForums and had seen your posts.

Looks excellent, shame i've decided its just too big for my living room.... Looks like i'll be spending more money on something smaller and not as well specced :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
some very mixed reviews on this tv, especially seems to be experiencing some major quality control issues.

yeah same as every other tv i have read about lol

my backlight dosnt buzz more than any other i have used, no banding, no dead pixels

yes rgb doesnt work on scart but thats only for freeview so not exactly a problem

if you get an issue send it back its the same panel thats in the sharp42xd1e

dk

911 GTS Cab
sounds like a good buy, its just a shame when you are one of those people who gets a duff one.

same with every fricking lcd out there tho all of them have s**t qc these days they just seem to want to sell as many as they can and not worry about if they will last for more than 30 seconds or so

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
True, I started looking at alternatives in 37" which is more the size I want, and to be honest they all have problems when you start reading through the threads. Pain in the ass if theres a problem, but there doesnt seem to be any difficulty in sending them back if you get a dodgy one.

doa looks fantastic so does splinter cell pgr3 looks great aswell infact they all do except tdu that doesnt seem to look that good but only played it for 5 mins

Fabia vRS
i might get round to playing tdu one day.

so far i've taken it out the box and played it for 5 mins.

maybe something to do over xmas.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
wasnt an arguement... but i will argue its not true 1080p. i have a 43" pioneer with the 360 and the 720p looks better through component and vga than 1080p (also none of the games support it). but thats my opinion

dk

911 GTS Cab
wasnt an arguement... but i will argue its not true 1080p. i have a 43" pioneer with the 360 and the 720p looks better through component and vga than 1080p (also none of the games support it). but thats my opinion
do you have a 1080p set to make the comparison though?

do you have a 1080p set to make the comparison though?

unless he has spent 5k on a tv then no
id imagine he has a 436 of some sort thata not even a hd resolution they use 1024x768 using odd shaped pixels to make it widescreen pixels !! and wont accept a 1080p input

1080i but all 1080i panels are as they have to deinterlace inside the TV but not true 1080p

actually your wrong
almost all lcd and plasmas will decode a 1080i signal and downsample it to 720p or more honestly their native resolution as i dont know of one display that actually has a 720p panel most are 1366x768 lcd that is plasmas use all sorts of resolutions

meggerman some 1920x1080 panels are only 1080i like the tosh 47wlt66and 43wlt66 and a few others but as i said most are actually 1366x768

dk

911 GTS Cab
thank you for the insult, no need to say anymore... you know it all
sometimes the problem with forums though are that everyone thinks they know it all, so people who do get lost amongst the people that think they do.

I had it at work today, a group were calling me an idiot to say that someone had made a true 1080p screen for under 5k and it was impossible that it was a Goodmans. They think they know it all, when simply, they don't.

I get annoyed by people saying things on forums or answering questions when they don't know what they are talking about, it is unfair on the person asking the question, they assume that as you are answering them you are right.

I am not saying you don't know what you are talking about, far from it as i don't know your knowledge but thats what happens all to often on forums and its difficult to know who is worth listening too.

If I was serious about asking advice on anything AV related, I would probably do what McBunny did and find out on the avforums and not rely on the people on here as we are a car forum and our expertise in the clio, but there will always be more knowledgable people on the avforums website and hopefully the right people will help you.

All this HD stuff is causing a lot of confusion amongst people as there is so much mis-information out there, and as things are changing so quickly it is all too easy to be referencing an article on the web that was actually written before something changed making it out of date but people perceive that because it is published on the internet it is current and correct.

Again, I am in no means pointing anything at you, just simply using your post as a start to mine.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i completely agree dave. Too many people think they know it all, when tbh, they know jack!

MKIII 138
meggerman some 1920x1080 panels are only 1080i like the tosh 47wlt66and 43wlt66 and a few others but as i said most are actually 1366x768

true mate, i was refering to the manufacturers badging things up wrong.
tis a nice screen indeed.. see you over at AVforums