ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 is no longer big enough

Now that I have a growing family, I will soon have to get rid of my 172. I took the 172 out on a PCP scheme which runs out next March. Basically I have 2 choices, either hand the car back and owe nothing else or keep it and pay of the final balloon payment (£4000) and then own the car.

Now Im pretty sure that it will be worth more than £4000 next march, probably more like £6000? (it will be 3 years old then).

If I wanted to buy another make of car e.g. VW could I go to them with my car as a part exchange, then say they give me £6000, use £4000 to pay off the PCP and then have £2000 deposit for the VW? do you think they would be willing to do something like that?

I think you can do that, not sure you may have to finalise the PCP first before you can sell up.

No idea, best thing to do is phone em up an get them to explain the options

It always makes me laugh when you see ads that say "baby forces sale" there must be some nasty babies about insisting that their parents sell their cars!!!!! :p

I’ve never let having a kid stop me owning a hot hatch and never will, as babies get older you need to cart less stuff around….oh and a hot hatch is a fantastic way to de-stress when you have kids!!;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Ive a simple model ... bought the missus a big new 7 seater earlier in the year. Very rare that all 4 of us go in my car anyhow, and with baby #3 due next month theres no way that 5 will ever need to fit. Im planning on getting a V6 soon ;)

The thing is I really really dont want to get rid of the 172, I enjoy driving it so much. When we only had the one baby it was fine, but theres now another on the way and theres no way there will be enough space, especially on holidays etc.

It will be 3 years old as well and will probably have 55000 miles on it. I really need to replace it with something bigger and newer with a warranty.

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 18 August 2004

It always makes me laugh when you see ads that say "baby forces sale" there must be some nasty babies about insisting that their parents sell their cars!!!!! :p

I’ve never let having a kid stop me owning a hot hatch and never will, as babies get older you need to cart less stuff around….oh and a hot hatch is a fantastic way to de-stress when you have kids!!;)
lol pmsl