ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 is no longer

Silver Fabia vRS

Well I ordered my BMW 330d today and part-exd my 172. Hopefully pick it up next Friday if I can get all the mods removed from my car, some of which I will put in the For Sale section.

The 172 has been great but I need something different now. Ill still be helping out with the club and coming to meets so see you all soon.

GR7

Shiny red R32

It does feel much safer driving a sturdy BMW, but it wont be as much fun for you round the lanes / bends etc in a diesel estate car!

;)

Silver Fabia vRS

True but it does have rear wheel drive, 0-62 in 7.8 secs, 0-100 in 21secs, 300lb ft torque and 50:50 weight ratio. That was one of the reasons I went for it, being a safe car.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

When the Superchip going on ;) Apparently you get very good results with diesels.

See you tomorrow

Silver Fabia vRS

Well with the Superchip on bhp goes from mailto:181bhp@3641rpm"> 181bhp@3641rpm to mailto:202bhp@3603rpm"> 202bhp@3603rpm and torque goes from 307lb mailto:ft@1878rpm"> ft@1878rpm to 367lb mailto:ft@1801rpm"> ft@1801rpm.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Its a Touring!!?!?!?

So when you order the pipe and the brown cord jacket not forgeting the brown slip-on shoes!! ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

"Touring" is an upmarket name for "Estate" in the BMW world! Geoff has probably gone out today to buy the Hunters wellies and wax jacket!

;)

to be fair although its an oil burner they are rapid and torquey as fcuk, i would never have even considered a diesel until i drove the 330d at work, even the 320d compact goes quite well as i get to play in them at work too sometimes, one of the few perks of working at a main dealer

Clio 197

Those cars absolutely fly on the open road! And the I would rate the car as one of the best in the world. Enjoy.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

my uncle has a 330d sport

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm loverly loads of torque just what i like

just a note, dont put unleaded in it (yeah i know its a no brainer!!) you wouldnt believe how many 3 series 5 series and x5 with diesel lumps we get recovered because petrol has been put in, not cheap to sort either depending on how lond its been run as it destroys diesel pump injectors etc and generally fires a sh1tload of swarf into everything, oops !!!

a further mention (cringes in anticipation of verbal abuse from the girls) its normally when their wives borrow the cars and dont suss that its a diesel

GR7

Shiny red R32

Us girls wouldnt even consider driving diesel cars! Even if we did, our husbands would make sure that they had full tanks, so no problem with putting in wrong stuff!

Actually the only people I know who have put petrol in diesel or diesel in petrol cars, have been blokes! Women wouldnt do such a careless thing!!

;)

Oh dear - sorry to hear that Geoff. Bye bye 172......:cry:

Hope you enjoy the new car. You coming over to Europe in the BM in April?????

Lionel Richie

Geoff you are now far superior to everything else on the roads, remember you have to drive like a complete t**ser!!!!

Silver Fabia vRS

Theres no change needed then Fred!

If your ever up at Bedford Autodrome I will pop up and will make an appearance at meets...after all Im still a member!

GR - I know its an estate, thats why I bought it!

GR7

Shiny red R32

What colour is it going to be Geoff? My guess is either silver or something like topaz blue!

Silver Fabia vRS

Its Titanium Silver with Black Leather and Aluminium Upholstery, Climate Control, 17" Alloys, Electric Sunroof, Xenon Lights, Heated Sports Seats, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Sports Suspension and Six Airbags

GR7

Shiny red R32

Geoff my first colour guess was right!

You will love driving the BM as it feels like you are sitting in a real cabin and you feel very safe and protected, which is very reassuring with the number of stupid drivers on the road at times!

Trouble is that occasionally, some people object to seeing BM drivers and you get a look which seems to say "who do you think you are, just because you are driving a Beemer" and "if you think I am letting you pull out you are mistaken" etc etc and we have experienced things like other drivers pushing in and not letting you move out of busy car parks / queues etc, whereas in the Clio, other drivers are far more considerate, possibly feeling sorry seeing us in a small car!

Enjoy it Geoff!

:D

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Sorry to see such an excellent 172 put back to standard. 330d has to be the best diesel car around at the moment. Estate?!?. Anyway, Enjoy.

VW Potato

can I ask how a BMW can have 50:50 weight disti? To achieve 50:50, in some models, Porsche (924 - 968/928), Maserati, Ferrari and Alfa had to put the gearbox at the back of the car, but BMW can seemingly achieve 50:50 just by putting the battery in the boot. Does BMW know something about weight disti that Ferrari et al, dont? :confused:

g

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Congrats on the new car Geoff.

When I first read the topic I feared for the worst, but its good to know that no 172s were injured during the making of this post;)

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 20 January 2003

Geoff my first colour guess was right!

You will love driving the BM as it feels like you are sitting in a real cabin and you feel very safe and protected, which is very reassuring with the number of stupid drivers on the road at times!

Trouble is that occasionally, some people object to seeing BM drivers and you get a look which seems to say "who do you think you are, just because you are driving a Beemer" and "if you think I am letting you pull out you are mistaken" etc etc and we have experienced things like other drivers pushing in and not letting you move out of busy car parks / queues etc, whereas in the Clio, other drivers are far more considerate, possibly feeling sorry seeing us in a small car!

Enjoy it Geoff!

What do you mean GR??? Everyone knows BMW drivers dont need to be let out they just do it or if its on the motorway they are already out.

Dont get me started on Beemer drivers.. I could rant all afternoon! Im sure youll be the exception to the rule Geoff. If you do start to have any "high and mighty" feelings at the wheel, just give one of us 2.0L boys a call and well nip over and put you straight ;)

Lets have a picture then.

GR7

Shiny red R32

172 ~ RIP

Geoff’s 172 has met it’s fate
In favour of a BM estate

Today will be his last fun drive

Because his Beemer will arrive

What a sad day for the little beast

172 Rest in Peace

~:(~

Renault Laguna Coupe

Geoff - wont your neighbours misss having all those noisy hatchbacks parked along the street every time we have a trackday ;)