ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 :o)

2004 Iceburg 172
About time I put a thread up about this so here goes...

I was looking for a nice standard Clio 172 but all the one's I viewed and drove were dogs and overpriced so I eventually settled on a modified one and decided to 'unmodify' it slightly so it was the best of both worlds (please don't ban me lol). Well impressed with the standard kit levels: Cruise Control, Digi Climate Control, Half leather Alcantara Seats, Xenons etc.

Spec when I got it:
2004 in Iceburg Silver
Cup Spoiler
Lowered on koni adjustable shocks and eibach springs (I've turned them down to the softest setting because I'm getting old and sensible)
Big Fish Tuning Remap with raised rev limiter
Scorpion Decat (fitted after the remap strangley) - NOW REMOVED AND SOLD (plus fault light reset)
16" Pro Race 1.2's in Gloss Black - NOW REMOVED AND SOLD

Here's how it looked when I picked it up, I really didn't like the wheels, not my cup of tea at all:
12042012714.gif

Found a set of standard rims locally that needed a bit of TLC so I give them a quick refurb and swapped my tyres over:
12042012713.gif

Give it a quick wash today and took some pics as it stands:

cliorender.gif

cliorender2.gif

As usual with second hand car's you don't find the faults until you've driven it for a good few miles, so far I've replaced the snapped seat cables so the seats actually flip forward, replaced the two broken fog lights, the bottom ball joints and the lower engine mounts. Just done an oil/filter change and now she's sweet as a nut! Next item on the shopping list is a rear badge from a 197 which I should have by next week :cool:

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
De-modifying a car is sometimes a good option. What you've done with this one is lovely, glad you swapped the wheels over (the black wheels looked a little wrong on it). The cup spoiler is great on 172's!
Nice job!

Black 200
Looks great, I like what you've done. How does it drive with the rev limiter raised and what is it raised to? Does it absolutely scream at you anywhere past 7200rpm?

2004 Iceburg 172
to be honest I haven't actually taken it up to the limiter yet (apart from on the test drive lol), but I have been very spoiled as I had Civic Type R before this and compared to those any rev limiter is too low, thanks for the comments I do like my cars to look standard but have a few little hidden mods