ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172

clio sport 2 litre 172
I dream and long for a v6 but:( can't afford one and it's impractical for me but how i long for one.. now i was thinking (well and partly someone suggesting) that i buy a kit to make my 172 look like a v6!! my ears pricked up and i was seriously listening, can you get a kit to make a 172 look like a v6?? if so how much do you reckon it would set me back?? including the exhaust system and would i have to change anything or do anything to my 172 to be able to fit this kit on?? please help i am getting really excited about this :D thanks guys....strawberry..

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh lord, don't do this, people have tried and they all look like complete shitboxes.

MCS R56
Just buy a toy V6 and be happy knowing that you didn't royaly screw-up your 172. It wouldn't fool anyone but yourself.

Range Rover sport 4.2 S/C
It would be cheaper buying a v6

The kit looks gash there some pictures on here where it been tried many times and failed

clio sport 2 litre 172
ok guys point taken I will leave my 172 as it is that last post pic was absolutly awful. don't want to drive around with my clio looking like that.... well I am just gonna have to keep dreaming... thanks for the advice guys really appreciated....strawberry

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you could do it properly, by all means do it, but i don't think it would be possibe for cheaper then a real v6, and you'd be killing off a 172 in the process.

clio sport 2 litre 172
now the grey one looks 100% better than the gold one.. it doesn't look too bad at all just the wheels look too small for it don't you think?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
now the grey one looks 100% better than the gold one.. it doesn't look too bad at all just the wheels look too small for it don't you think?

Have you ever seen a real v6, the problem is that a normal clio is no where near wide enough.

Mini Cooper S sport
Please don't even think about it...V6 replicas look utter gash. I've only seen one decent one ever but there's just no point.

The only decent replica out there is the source (hi fi) ice car - that looks the nuts :) reason being is that it was build using genuine v6 parts, which I belive Matt Black supplied.

The rest of the replicas look soo s**te it's un-true.
If it means you have to save up for the real deal, save up & do it.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Oh god no..Do not even think about it! Every attempt, bar one, has looked utter gash!

Get some Coilovers, maybe do a bit of engine work, and subtle mods only!

Tys.