ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172's stuck outside my local spar

Audi TT 225
Because its within 1/4 of my house I wont be able to get the AA to look at it for 24 hours.
The wifes STILL shopping so cant go buy a battery. (closes at 5)

The wifes sisters son works in the garage and I take all my work there so they should go fetch or at least go jump it off something else for me. My logic was that they would be able to tell me if it is the battery or not before I go and buy one on a whim.

Wardy sounds nasty I think I read your post, some one did a number on you by the sounds of it.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
If I had gone off shopping and left my Hubby to try and get someone else to take him to the shop for a battery, my life would not be worth living!

Did you not ring your mate to ask for his help then? You've still got an hour before the shop closes.

Has the battery light been flickering on recently?

Check battery with a volt meter if you can.
Could also be a dodgy alternator thats not charging the battery.

If it aint the battery could be the Immobilser?

Try other key if so.

Sounds similar to my past experience.

Audi TT 225
IT WAS THE BATTERY!!!
My mate had a battery tester and it was about 5v. Wife did take me to buy a new battery and once fitted she spluttered into life.
The car not the wife

But we put the tester back on while the engine was running and it seems to indicate that the altinator is putting too much power to the battery? Think it was over 13v

Anyway the b!tch is back at the house, again the car not the wife.
Thanks to all for your help much appriciated!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
any thing up to 14volts is ok mate for an alternator just get the garage to check the alternator tomorro mate.

Audi TT 225
yeah will do, still dont know if I want to keep it I'll see if anything else goes wrong... MOT in december :S

If one more thing goes wrong and Im trading it for a CTR

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
should be over 12.80 volts whilst engine is on idle, so 13v is fine mate

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Woohoo! Glad you got it sorted. At least it won't have to stand outside the shop for another night. Good on the Mrs for coming back in time. :D