ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Budget Daily Toy

Clio 182 Cup
Hi guys i have always had VW's in the past and just sold my Fabia VRS to fund a trip to Australia. With the left over cash i went out and manged to score a 182 Cup in what i think is Racing Blue (big Thanks to DTM CARS)
1780892_10203105235542726_858267735_n.jpg
Got the car cheap because it had just been part ex against a Megan 225. It came with a awful exhaust on. From the looks of it some one has just welded a scaffy bar from the manifold to the tips. So i was on the hunt for a new exhaust. A few days later i bump into a mate who has just wrote a 182 off and had a full Miltek on so i offered him £250 for the full thing.
1794664_10203133939300302_1106874240_n.jpg
I was going to fit it on the weekend but Thursday night i lost all drive. The driver side drive shaft gave in so Friday morning i got it towed to a mates garage
1798872_10203150441952858_737931601_n.jpg
While its was on the ramps today it got the Miltek fitted and the drive shaft is going on Thursday when it turns up.

Next on my to do list:
- sort out the dint in the rear quarter
- take off black stripes and bullets
- find a new set of wheels
- track day at Blyton Park on the 4th March Possibly
- looking for a cage and some nice bucket seats

Clio 182 Cup
Quick update the miltek is on but drive shaft hast turned up yet. Here is what was took off the car
qu2a7u4a.jpg

Better pics will be put up when I get the car back of the miltek
e6upe6y7.jpg

Jj101

ClioSport Club Member
  RB clio 182 cup
Best colour imo. Should put the original white stripes back on tho I think ;)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Looking good, white works really well on RB but quite like it how it is. Decent buy with the Milltek aswel

Clio 182 Cup
qy6epazu.jpg

ha6e2umu.jpg

So got the car back new drive shaft fitted. Milltek sounds awesome a lot nicer. Thanks for the comments. Vid coming over the weekend of the miltek sound.

Clio 182 Cup
Well woke up this morning to find out that some one has nicked my headlight was jet covers. They did't even get them they broke off aaaaaaaaa

anatuzud.jpg

5ejy9aba.jpg

Clio 182 Cup
So today I sorted the boot out. Tool box fixed with bungee cord
ujy2ygy3.jpg

Also the number plate light was broken so popped to Renault and got a new one for £7.71. I fitted it and put a LED bulb in
vuqyvaru.jpg

It was a nice day so put £40.00 of Vpower in and went for a blast on the B Roads rounds Northumberland
taza4a9y.jpg

Really starting to like this little motor. Wish I has bought one years ago instead of sticking vw for the past 10years.

Clio 182 Cup
9umetaga.jpg

Just got in from a night time shoot with my mate who is a photographer and wanted to play with his new wide angel lens and filters. Pics coming over the next few days

Clio 182 Cup
Yes mate really good mate. They went out there way to help me. They lent me a parts I need until I bought some.They also have give me a great deal on a service plan. Can't get better service any. Am happy with them. Hope this helps

Clio 182 Cup
Well got the car though a MOT on Saturday went out tonight for a drive with my mate and played with a Merc on the central motorway and bang there goes my clutch. Sad times drove it about 12miles home in 2nd gear. What's the best uprated clutch to put in.

Clio 182 Cup
So here is some pics of the damage.
a5yzy8y9.jpg

sugy5aza.jpg

arura9yz.jpg

But it's back on the road after £700 of gear box, clutch , mounts and clutch cable. Going to take my time with it now. Let's see how long it lasts this time lol

Clio 182 Cup
From what my mate says at the garage it's had a very hard life in the past. It had already been damaged and repaired a few times so I got one from a brakes in Doncaster which had low miles and a recon which comes with warranty. Some it's perfect now

Clio 182 Cup
Right guys I have been working with my brother in law who is a CNC design on some custom camera mounts. I want to see if any one would be interested in them before I make and more. This is the first 1 of 3 for the Clio's. This is the prototype and works really well so far. It is fully adjustable and can mount normal cameras, go pros or both for front and rear view.

eha3u5a4.jpg

7u4azyhy.jpg

Just the go pro
e5uba3uj.jpg

2 go pro mounts
ese4ary4.jpg

My DSLR
y2y9atus.jpg

Both
3ahuvyza.jpg

Both one forward and one rear
e3y8a9ad.jpg

I am just waiting for the weather to get better so I can get some videos of the local roads Hartside and I have a track day soon. This is the 1 of 3 the other 2 are for the out side of the car. This fits directly on to the head rest.
VIDEO COMING SOON.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Black stripes are nice, suits the blue well!! Something a little difference. Feels wrong not having stripes on my car as I have put them on every car I have owned :p

Clio 182 Cup
Not got a price yet still waiting for quotes on materiel depending on how many I make. Also going to put it though some testing before I make any more. Taking a punt on price around the £40-£50 mark but that may go down depending on cost.
I starting making these after a trip to Blyton Park and the refused me to use a suction cup mount on the dash or bonnet. Also I have a tow eye one getting designed this week.

Thanks for the comments about the car I was unsure about the stripes but I think they will be staying.

Clio 182 Cup
Thanks mate it low quality compared to to the proper footage. Just need some nice weather and a track day or B road

Clio 182 Cup
Got a hold of a second GoPro so you can have front and rear recording. Going to try and get to York Drag-way on Easter Sunday and get some front and rear videos.
zu9anypa.jpg

Looking at get 5 of these mounts made up next month for sale
Pricing them at £40.00 but to the clio members £30.00
Once these are made I will put in the for sale section. So keep a eye on the market place.

ALSO have some new wheels coming next week for free and a new colour scheme for the car.