ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182. It's the little things that count.

How on earth did you get the headlights like that?!? Need mine doing haha

I can't really take the credit for my lights as I had my friend do them for me but they were wet sanded at 800, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500 then machine buffed with Meguires #80 and #83 Polish and they've stayed a treat.

Get yourself some gtechniq c4 sealant for the trims buddy, it'll work wonders!

Cars looking great

Thanks mate! I usually use the Poorboy's World Trim Restorer but it didn't have the effect I was after on the front grill. One of my friends runs a body shop so I'll send some paper his way and get him to give them a refresh.

waxed yet ? lol . looks good man , nice touch with the badge aswell

Ha not yet, the weather has been awful. As soon as I'd cleaned it (because it was shameful) it rained 30 minutes later so I might as well give up for a while. :(

FF 182
Looks great man. Exhaust sounds really nice! Good work on the resistor pack, mine went a while ago and got a recon'd one off ebay for £20 odd quid.

What colour are your bullets btw?

Update :
Knew I'd forgotten something in my last update. :rasp:
After getting tired of my polybushed dogbone, I bought a new mount off eBay with the rubber bushes, and... holy crap. Bugger polybushing these things, just get a new one for the same price and have a car that runs smoothly and silently in the cabin. Very pleased with the results.

Looks great man. Exhaust sounds really nice! Good work on the resistor pack, mine went a while ago and got a recon'd one off ebay for £20 odd quid.

What colour are your bullets btw?

Hey you found my project thread. :) Seeing you update yours made me update mine lol.
As unhelpful as this sounds, I'm unsure...
When I was painting the fuel rail guard and inlet plenum I bought some anthracite heat proof paint from Halfords. Seeing as I had plenty left I decided I'd use that on the bullets as opposed to buying new spray (cos I'm a cheap mofo) and it came out much tidier than I was expecting. For the writing I bought a silver touch up pen as well. It's time consuming and you need a steady hand but once it was all lacquered it came out quite tidy. I'm tempted to buy a new set of bullets and have another go as one of them isn't quite as tidy as it could be, but I'm nitpicking now.

I followed a guide (I'd be boned without these) on here if this helps. :
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...to-Respray-Clio-Bullets-Guide-Feedback-Please

With this kind of job I'd wait till the spring/summer when you can use the drying power of our local star, rather than a hair dryer. :approve:
Tip if you decide to buy the pen - it comes with a brush and a nib. Use the nib and squeeze the pen gently, you have far more control.

If you don't mind waiting I'll dig in the garage when I'm home, hungover and can't remember my name on New Years Day and find out exactly what colours I bought. :)

Now get your own build thread in here. :) Or get the mods to move your thread in here.

Last edited:
I figured this was long-overdue an update.

Nothing major mechanically has happened with the car. I figure after the abuse it put up with over the winter months it's earned an oil change so I'll carry that out again in a week or two.
I also bought some super cheap spark plugs off our own @MKRS, so thanks again for that. They'll get fitted some other time. :)

Anyway, wanted wee plates for the car so I dropped an order to Fancy Plates. They've been on there about 2 months now and the police haven't said anything so I figure who cares.
I originally wanted to drill them to make it look OEM - but having never drilled a set of plates before I pushed a shade too hard and cracked the damn thing. It's only a small crack but enough to royally piss me off a day after buying them - so I stuck them on anyway and didn't drill the back one.

DSC_0264_zps92253104.jpg

I went out for a drive one day with my friend in his RX8 and during a bit of 'enthusiastic' driving I hear this bang. There was a lot of clattering then suddenly silence. Car felt fine but I hit the brakes anyway and jumped out to take a look. Seems my original splitter had finally given up and the Clio now had a toothy grin.

2014-02-22164027_zps14e45130.jpg

I was originally just going to whack a Fabia splitter on there, make it a bit glossy and call it a day, but the K-Tec one caught my eye - so on it went!

2014-03-01131158_zps25677574.jpg

Next the obligatory polarised wheel nuts went on.

2014-01-25134516_zpsf83785cc.jpg

Unfortunately these TPI bolts are considerably softer than the standard ones and when I took them to the garage to get new shoes for the car, I neglected to tell the guys there to take the locking nuts off by hand rather than have them ruined by an impact wrench, so now they're starting to rust. :mad: Fuuuu

After getting the new shoes on there I knew it was time to get the car aligned again - as now the suspension had dropped, it had clearly pushed the car out of alignment as the car was mashing through tyres. So the day the new Contisport 3's went on, I got it aligned at Kwik Fit. First time I've ever actually been to a Kwik Fit, but they have the Hunter alignment system there which is what I wanted. In their defence the Pontypridd branch was incredibly helpful and the folk in there were rather nice.

Read and weap. Guy came out laughing and asked why my wheels were on sideways. :dapprove:
Their area manager was there on the day though and he came across as a bit of a douchetard. But that's retail for you.

2014-02-08124725_zpse13d9900.jpg

So that's it for now.
The car is currently in a good place and I'm spending most weekends up in the mountains looking for good roads...

DSC_0281_zps7368b3e4.jpg

...I look forward to seeing you there. :)

DSC_0323_zps85f11c68.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
This is getting more like mine everytime I see it..

Very nice, although very biased lol!

This is getting more like mine everytime I see it..

Very nice, although very biased lol!

I was thinking this lol. All I need is steal your plates and centre caps. :) You're a man of good taste though, looking forward to seeing you and your 182 again on the 6th.

It's not pictured but I even restored the engine bay back to its normal colour. To hell with the blue.

The polorised bolts are 30% stronger/tougher than standard bolts mate - they shouldn't rust, I sent mine back to tpi for same reason and they sent me a new set - worth a try