ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 so far, a few Q’s

106 GTi

After picking my 182 yesterday im still a happy chappy, shame the weather is still so poor.

car seems great apart from some minor issues. Car came with the carpet floor mats but no fixings that go in the floor and allow the matts to stop moving around. Mats look a bit odd with 2 holes in each.

I recieved the follow up call from the salesman this morning which he said he would, no problem about the fixings he will order some in as I told him I couldnt find them in the car. Was told they should off been fitted at PDI anyway .

The main bugbear, brochure states one touch drivers side window, as do some threads on here. My car doesnt seem to have this. Tried pushing it gently, tapping it once. Just moves down a little.

On the usefull checklist that was uploaded on here its says that this was a dealer made mod on delivery. When I asked about this the salesman this morning he said this was not the case, if my car does not have it may relate to a Renault circular sent around that this feature had been phased out. This is odd I told him, as one guy on heres car came with this feature when deliverd yesterday. To get it on my car will now require extensive re wiring work? Hes going to get back to me any ideas?

Also it was very cold and damp yesterday and the front headlamps misted up at the bottem, is this normal?

Apart from the above still enjoying the car was worth the wait.

Cheers

R-J

the mat clips have probably been thrown in the oddments tray under the passenger seat if you havnt specced the cd changer, other than that probably thrown in the glovebox/doorcard by a lazy valeter.

the one touch you need to hold down for about a second to get, if it doesnt work IIRC the control unit needs coding no rewiring the salesman as usual knows f**k all.

the misting is normal as long as its not excessive and clears once the lamps have been on its to be expected as they arent sealed units.

fat 182

i had aproblem with my one touch drivers window turned out to be a sticky switch took reno 5mins to fix

get condention in the head lamps some times if idont use it much leave you headlamps on for a bit while driving should dry the out

Ford Fiesta

make sure your engine is running for the one touch and do a really quick press.

condensation in xenon headlamps is normal.

106 GTi

Cheers guys.

Looked all over for the matt clips no sign, he told me to check all the above aswell as in with the tools and the boot net.

Thanks for the window info , wil try again in a second, and will use the info if he gives me some bull!

Misting has gone away over night while the car has been in the garage. Wasnt too bad just didnt expect it.

Thanks all.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 02 March 2005
make sure your engine is running for the one touch and do a really quick press.

Thats the one, tried it in the garage earlier just with the ignition on.

Cheers again

106 GTi

My old car the one touch window worked with just the ignition on, would have sat there for hours in the garage looking silly if I hadnt asked on here, more so as the dealer didnt even think it should have them. I know now anyway lol.

They have ordered my some floor matt clips so all is now well.

Ford Fiesta

the dealer said that to fob you off, thats all. he had no other reason, they will make anything up.