ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 3rd RS Clio. This time its a Ph1.

Honda ATR
So as you've probably guessed by now I'm no stranger to the Clio Sports.

I was browsing good old autotrader the other day for my next motor, thinking I wouldnt find a reasonable example for under £2000. Anyway found one for sale at a local used car garage and went for a look.

The car was fairly dirty and hadnt had a valet for a long time, but the car did have full comprehensive history and its only just done over 80k. So along with a few issues I managed to nock some pennies off the asking price. £500 to be exact :D. Oh and I even managed to get 6 months TAX and a fresh MOT.

So this week I have been rather busy cleaning and sorting out the faults.

Things Ive done this week, fix the front fog lights (connector issue), sorted out the headlight haze using wet n dry, fit a Ktec stealth system, fix the central locking, fix the wing mirrors and give it a blinking good clean inside and out. Oh and I have got new disks and pads coming next week and hopefully a new grill from Cliospares.

Not bad for £700 notes.

cliopics026.jpg

cliopics025.jpg

cliopics024.jpg

cliopics023.jpg

cliopics022.jpg

cliopics020.jpg

cliopics019.jpg

cliopics018.jpg

cliopics027.jpg

Next months plans:

paint calipers
refurbish the wheels
lamin - x the fogs in yellow

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's not the original wheel, it looks like a standard one?

For £700 though, that's ridiculous!! :approve:

Honda ATR
That's not the original wheel, it looks like a standard one?

For £700 though, that's ridiculous!! :approve:

Is the Ph1 RS wheel a different shape? I have retrimmed a couple in the past and Im sure their the same shape. But yeah its fairly easy to BS a sales man when a car has quite a few problems. Plus with being in the motor trade I can speak the jargon ;)

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Is the Ph1 RS wheel a different shape? I have retrimmed a couple in the past and Im sure their the same shape. But yeah its fairly easy to BS a sales man when a car has quite a few problems. Plus with being in the motor trade I can speak the jargon ;)

He means it's a 1.2/1.4 wheel

Honda ATR
A totally different car in my experience, they do seem more eager as standard than the ph2, but I think that's the cable throttle.

Seems to have more Mid range torque and power, where my 182's have always been 5k plus before it gets going.

Honda ATR
had some bits turn up today, brembo front hc disks, renault rear disks and pads, renault standard front pads.

doing braided lines next week and fluid change

Will be painting the calipers tomorrow so more pics on their way.

hopefully get the wheels powdercoated this month, either st orange or kawazaki green

clio 172 phase 1
Bargin mate, I would say leave it standard but its hard not to isnt it haha i was in the same situation, have fun mate