ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 56 Plate 1.2 Campus Sport DIED.

Honda. Tesla Someday
OKAY,

JUST RANG RENAULT SERVICING!

Nice lady on the phone said they will get Renault Assistance to recover the car from my house and ALL THEY NEED TO SEE is my log book. (thats the V5 right!?)

She said the car is still under warranty and didnt even ask about servicing or any proof.

Think they'll ask/notice when the car arrives there with 17" black alloys, a loud backbox exhaust, and has been lowered on coilies?

Will any of the above void a Renault warranty???

Yeh, log book is V5.

It shouldnt tbh.

If it was suspension related then they could claim it was because of the wheels etc but its not related to your mods so you should be fine.

Do you have standard wheels still?

Honda. Tesla Someday
I do still have the standard wheels, yes. Normal 15"

Put them back on??

Leave lowered suspension on as its a b*tch to change.

leave exhaust backbox on?

Id just change the wheels tbh as thats going to be the most obvious unless your car is lowered 2ft or something! lol..

Black Twingo GT
Good stuff about the Renault assistance, I cant believe you weren't told.

You don't have to have had the services at a Renault garage as long as the parts are genuine or approved, you will need the stamps though.

Dan

Honda. Tesla Someday
God knows where my service book is, but I will be able to show them invoices. That ok?

Oh yeah, was NOT told about Renault assistance or anything of the sort. When I went to collect the car, he drove it out, said 'keys are in the ignition' and walked off.

I was going to complain but just left it as that.

*sighs*

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
I wouldn't waste your time changing the wheels over. I've had warranty work on both my Clios with modified parts.

Honda. Tesla Someday
THIS IS b****cks!

Just called Renault Assistance again to arrange collection of my car and they said its not on the system. Had called 1.5 hours ago and she said as its not on the system they will set up a temporary cover to recover the vehicle to Renault.

JUST NOW some silly cow on the line said 'you had 2 years cover and not 3 years as your car was registered after september 1st 06.

I said I purchased it in August 06!

She said 'yes, but it was registered in September!

wtf!?!?!?

Then she said they will tow it for £160!!!

I would rather push it the 6 miles!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
have you tried just replacing the HT leads ? borrow some from a friends clio. you said you got a new coil pack, and spark plugs, but did you change the ht leads ?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yep, new coil pack came with the new leads attached. Made no difference!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Seriously losing the plot here!

I am at work right now, got tonnes to do, also have a very mad/upset girlfriend because we've effectively cancelled Valentines day! AND I just found out that my grandads in hospital with Cancer and he's terminal!

What a mad few days!!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
are you sure the coil pack came with ht leads (very odd), bid you buy this coil pack second hand ?

maybe you have pencil coils then i guess ? so you didn't buy a coil pack you brought 4 new pencil coils ? have you just started the engine and leave it ticking over for about 10 mins, to see if the fault corrects its self ?

when you plugged this coil pack / whatever in, did you put the ht leads back on the correct spark plugs, they have to go in the correct order

take a picture of the parts you changed, maybe call the rac man again and say you changed what he said was broken and its still not working, ususally the rac will link this to your previous call out, so it will still only count as 1 RAC call out, make sure you tell them that when youc all them, if you call them, as they only give you like 3-4 call outs a year, read the rac small print. Just get the RAC man to tow it to the garage too, and leave it there

Last edited:
Renault assist is only for the first 2yrs, the car may well have been pre registered as believe it or not dealers were struggling to get hold of them!
I would leave the wheels on and just pay a local recovery company to take it in, most of them take cash and are quite cheap.

I hate to be the bloke with bad news..but that sulpher smell..wouldnt that be the cat? with all the unburnt fuel ect?

421 Cammed 172
Get a mate to tow it in with a tow rope??

I had my old 206 heavily modified and peugeot always carried out work under warrenty without asking for any service records at all (id always serviced it myself) so i wouldnt worry too much mate.

Get it towed in, ask them to plug it in and make it very clear not to do ANY work until they've cleared it with you.

You should be ok.

Honda. Tesla Someday
got a bloke coming down with a computer to run a diagnostics! Will update.

P.s just scared taking it to Renault with no service history and a backbox loud exhaust!! They just seem to be very picky!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok, just had a bloke come down and run a diagnostics. He said he is almost certain that its the coilpack!

Fault codes reported are:
BEFORE STARTING THE ENGINE:

396 - Brake Light Switch
262 - Distructive Misfire
307 - Low Fuel Level Destructive Misfire
P0500 - Unknown Code

AFTER CLEARING CODES AND ENGINE START:

267 - Misfire Detected - Current
265 - Destructive Misfire - Current

He said coils 3 and 4 are not firing, and all it can be is the coil pack.

I told him I had the pack changed (which has now been returned). He said after changing the Coil Pack you have to reset the faults to clear it.

So he has now cleared the faults, so all I have to do now is get a genuine Renault Coil Pack and it SHOULD do the trick.

Fingers crossed eh?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
worth a try, what was the other coil pack you got ? a second hand one ? probably already broken if you brought it from ebay, can't you just go find a dealer selling a 1.2 campus and go for a test drive, and drive it to your house and swap the coil pack, or take your coil pack in your pocket, drive around the corner and swap it and leave the car there and walk back to the dealer and say all warning lights came on so you left it there and they can go collect it, haha

Honda. Tesla Someday
Purchased the old one from Europarts.

Anyways... the problem is now...

FIXED!!!!!

When we had fitted the third part coil pack from Europarts, we hadnt reset the faults, so the car was still apparently compensating for the fault, causing the misfire.

Anyways, that garage sucked so like I said before, I got out an auto-electrician and they diagnosedthe problem as being the coil pack.

Purchased a Genuine Coil Pack from Renault today. They have changed it!!! Updated it to have removable HT leads. Instead of costing just £46, you now have to add on each separate lead!!

Came to a total of £83.

Slammed it all in, already had the faults cleared from the other day with the auto-electrician.

Also have 4 new Denso spark plugs in.

Started her up and she purred like a kitten!!!

SOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP AND ADVICE!!!!!