ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Campus Sport 1.2 Project Diary

Clio Campus Sport
Hi guys, just became a member of CS and I thought I'd share with you my thoughts and ideas about my 56 plate Clio Campus Sport iMusic 1.2 16v.

Bought it as my first car for £2700 with 27k miles on the clock (which I thought was remarkably low considering the age), it needed new front disks and the track rod ends replacing which was done on it's first MOT (December '14). Since then the car has ran fine with no issues whatsoever. Cosmetically the car is in good condition, only a few minor dints on the car, however the alloys are more chewed than a dog's bone so that will need addressing in the future.
I'm approaching my second year of driving and hopefully this means the insurance will go down due to a year NCB. For this year the insurance was £2300 fully comp, but I believe that Manchester/Stockport is an insurance hotspot and the rates for young drivers are extortionate. I have began to look at new insurers who could insure me and support a few cosmetic modifications without breaking my bank.

The plans are as follow:
- Apex 40mm Lowering Springs (deliberately not choosing to opt for coilovers)
- 15/16" Alloys (Depending on how good the car looks when lowered)
- Catback exhaust (have been looking at the ketch products, but would consider any universal backbox if it does the job)
- Pod Air filter (purely for more intake noise not for performance, I have come to terms that a 1.2 isn't going any faster unless you get out and push it)

I don't know if I want to cut a slot in the back bumper to accommodate the exhaust as of yet, so I'd be happy to hear your opinion on the matter.

Keep your eyes open in the coming months for the mods as I aim to document it all here...

clio campus sport
Our reg numbers are nearly the same lol
6q1wg2.jpg

........... that is all

IMG_8354.CR2_zpsfkaimn89.jpg

you should defo go coilies matey! the ability to set your own ride height is amazing, couldn't go back!
go for 15s, i run e30 bbs, some nice new wheels out there just dont go chavvy on it, i know i did at the start, had 17's soon sold them for my bbs.
i have a sportex catback i got on the cheap and its nice, stay clear of ktec products, they are decent quality but will defo break the bank!
i also have a k&n filter and its nice, gives a real nice tone when you've got your foot down, but any filter will really.

if you want any help just shout, my thread is in my bio for some ideas :p