ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I spent most of Saturday afternoon waiting for a man...

Because of this,

2014-03-22164201_zps58f271e8.jpg

Luckily he came with the right sort of truck,

2014-03-22181201_zpsd76aa670.jpg

The damage,

2014-03-23123656_zps4e223cfb.jpg

The full extent of it, nice!!

2014-03-23123650_zps73e73d5d.jpg

I heard a rumbling noise, which sounded like the road surface, the car felt sluggish (I was going at about 70 mph) I pulled over straight away to assess, one properly shagged tyre!

Luckily the wheel was fine, I've got new PS3's on the back now. It made sense to get both done as the other had about 3mm left on it.

Back story from TIDL,

[/QUOTE]Getting a blow out at about 70mph on Saturday afternoon
smiley6.gif
3 miles from where I was going!!
smiley7.gif

I called up the RAC to get it picked up, I told the dude.. the car is very low, be sure to send a low truck to get it on - Oh Sir, it's modified. No it's a standard car. So why's it very low. Err because it is, this is how they come. Oh so it is modified. No look FFS it's standard, now please send me a truck.
Can't you use tyre weld? No, the tyre is shredded to sh*t. OK 45 mins.

90 Mins goes by, no one's came out to me. They call back, oh we had to get another truck en route to you as your car is modified. I say no - I told you that it's not, it's just how they come. Look mate, you're supposed to know about cars, google it up FFS then send me the correct truck to put it on.
30 mins later, a big truck came & it was the right one
smiley14.gif
the driver was properly on it, he looked & goes, Clio V6, no problem.

Before the truck came, I was sat on a big grass verge (I managed to get it completely out of the road when the Police came, previously I was in the start of a slip road, not good) The copper said, oh we've had five along here in as many days' I was like WTF?

All manner of idiots were dropping it down & booting it, like I'm going to be impressed by popping sh*tty Fiesta Zetec S's!!
rolleyes2.gif

I finally dropped it off at 8pm, 3.5 hours after the tyre went. A trip to Costco's yesterday meant I got two new PS3's on the back
smiley4.gif
As the other one had about 3mm on it, I got it done too.

I also got to see a dude with an identical car to mine (one of the 8) we had a chat for a bit while I was waiting for the recovery truck, he lives near by

I don't think so. When I spoke to the police he said there had been five that week along that stretch of road :( I didn't even see that I'd run something over, no pot holes there either :S

I wasn't expecting the tyre to be like that.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Weird, any resurfacing recently, no lips on the road surface causing tramlining?

If you're the 5th blow out that week something on that road is damaging the tyres.

I don't notice anything weird with the road, it was the A40 so quite a busy three lane road. I might see if they know about the problems.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hope you washed and sealed the inside of the wheel before you fitted it back?

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
My mum did this (worse in fact) to a rear wheel of a Volvo C70, 18 inch run flats. She said she must have done it the night before but was sure it was fine when she left the place she had been at... Then spent most of the journey through open country roads at 80!!
The dangers of half deaf mother who doesn't know how her car handles when it's good let alone bad!! Lucky you caught it in enough time to save the wheel, hers was cracked in two places!!
Still a bit odd that there have been 5 down the same stretch of road in recent days???

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
ive had that happen to me on my old cup, was an interesting experience going straight on a road and the steering wheel certainly not centred lol