ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY 8000K HID/XENON UPGRADE BULBS ON MY 172FF

Sorry this may bore a few of ya. :)

Anyway about a month ago i decided on uprating my Hid/Xenon Headlights bulbs a while ago on my 2002 172FF.

Anyway a few days ago i decided to fit them after finding out how to remove the front bumper ;)

Here are a few of it yesterday during the day and some from last night including pictures of the Led Sidelights i fitted to try and match the Hid's.

During the Day.

XenonsBulb.jpg

XenonsBulb2.jpg

XenonsBulb3.jpg

XenonsBulb4.jpg

LedSidelight.jpg

LedSidelight2.jpg

Going by those pictures i think i badly need a Cup Splitter :)

A few from Last Night (and some off my Philips Vision Plus Main Beam Bulbsswitched on as well)

IMGP0687.jpg

IMGP0688.jpg

IMGP0690.jpg

IMGP0691.jpg

IMGP0692.jpg

IMGP0693.jpg

IMGP0694.jpg

IMGP0695.jpg

IMGP0696.jpg

IMGP0698.jpg

IMGP0699.jpg

IMGP0700.jpg

The pics don't really do the bulbs justice as i'm not very good at capturing things on a camera.

And i forgot to take pics of the old /standard bulbs on the car :dapprove:

So i don't know if the new bulbs are any brighter. :S

The only pics of the standard bulbs i have are these.

StandardHidBulbs.jpg

StandardHidBulbs2.jpg

are they illegal? or is that the same brightness as mercs. bit bright for me too

8000k is colour temperature nothing to do with how bright they are thats denoted by the wattage

8000k is far too blue imho and will make it harder to see things really

Suzuki Ignis Sport
They just make the car look cheap, like putting blue leds in the headlights...

Don't like um, and are they legal?

Mk2 172
They just make the car look cheap, like putting blue leds in the headlights...

Don't like um, and are they legal?

yeah they are legal. as long as they have E numbers on them then there fine. you tend to find the higher the number the duller they actually get. we sell them where i work and after 6500k they start to get ever so slightly duller cos of the darker colour produced.

where did you get the sidelights, off ebay? I bought a pair of what I thought were frosted white ones but they look a bit blue as well.

Da

Less
They are legal yes as stated, it's just the higher the K rating the less useable light that is produced. From memory the Clio's are about 4300K standard.

Nissan Pulsar GTiR
what are standard clios?

Most standard cars are aaround the 4000k mark. sometimes even less. i think an e46 m3 is 3400k. i used to have 6500k on my impreza and were too blue imo
Halogen bulbs are around the 2300k colour temp.

Almost all OEM HID (xenon) bulbs are 4300k which, is the equivalent to day light. These have the highest light output, measured in lumens of any colour temperature bulb. Around 3 times as much as the halogen equivalent.
If they look to have a blue tint or a purple tint, at certain angles, it's because of the way the lamp optics are refracting the light, not the bulb colour temp itself.
And the colour temp does effect the light output of the bulb. Any colour temp beyond 4300k will produce less light out, as the colour temp gets higher. 8000k bulbs will prouce significantly less light output than 4300k bulbs. Again, that's why the OEM's specify 4300k bulbs.... they have the highest light output.

Paul

Most standard cars are aaround the 4000k mark. sometimes even less. i think an e46 m3 is 3400k. i used to have 6500k on my impreza and were too blue imo
Halogen bulbs are around the 2300k colour temp.

Almost all OEM HID (xenon) bulbs are 4300k which, is the equivalent to day light. These have the highest light output, measured in lumens of any colour temperature bulb. Around 3 times as much as the halogen equivalent.
If they look to have a blue tint or a purple tint, at certain angles, it's because of the way the lamp optics are refracting the light, not the bulb colour temp itself.
And the colour temp does effect the light output of the bulb. Any colour temp beyond 4300k will produce less light out, as the colour temp gets higher. 8000k bulbs will prouce significantly less light output than 4300k bulbs. Again, that's why the OEM's specify 4300k bulbs.... they have the highest light output.

Paul

Ah well after reading this it sound like i should have stuck with my standard xenon bulbs :(

Ah well s**t happens