ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Arctic 182 So Far.....

B

bigrich690

First off, i have a previous project thread from last year but its kinda messy and hoping that this time it will go a bit better, so bare with me.

I'll get straight to it, I have a Arctic 182 that i bought summer 2007 so coming up 3yrs of ownership, and still going strong.

A slight jump from a VTR to a 182sport was a nice leap and never looked back since.

She is a 2004 so one of the first of her kind (182s) ;)

She was pretty much standard without either of the cup packs, but the previous owner had lowered her, was never sure exactly how low but after a few years i'd worked out the back was low by 30mm and still guessing to this day about the front but would say 50mm-ish?

So here she stood in the beginning.

(1)%20very%20first%20pic%20of%20my%20clio%20182.jpg

(2)%20couple%20of%20days%20owning%20her.jpg

After owning her for a while and getting used to the power i bought some aero wipers and also got me a cup spoiler, her she is along side a standard silver one.

(3)%20good%20combo.jpg

(4)%20182%20v%20182.jpg

A few more months went by and i started to really like the look of the Trophy wheels, but 16" wasn't enough for me so i bought me a set of Speedline Corse Turinis in anthracite and in 17" which i love even to this day.

(6)%20distance%20shot.jpg

(8)%20front%20end.jpg

(9)%20max%20power%20needs%20to%20see%20this.jpg

(10)%20mwah.jpg

Then i decided to upgrade my Discs and pads and colour my calipers yellow, here she sits next to my old mans porgi.

(31)%20rear%20182%20and%20911.jpg

(24)%20182%20and%20porgie.jpg

(27)%20182%20and%20911%20front.jpg

Here is what the wheels look like with my home made centres with the diamons, waiting on spray by this point.

(32)%2017%20speedline%20corse%20turini's%20in%20anthracite.jpg

And here is with them done.

(36)%20too%20close.jpg

And this is how close the bumper gets when leaving the works car park!
Thank god i dont have a cup splitter!

(39)%20wow%20thts%20lowww.jpg

Then i got me a new exhaust system.

(54)%20new%20with%20old.jpg

Old one!

(53)%20old%20exhaust.jpg

This is how she sat for a while.

(60)%20beauty%20on%20wheels.jpg

This on my 22nd birthday last year an old woman decided to give me a birthday pressie i wouldn't forget!

(65)%20crash.jpg

(63)%20crash.jpg

(71)%20crash.jpg

(74)%20crash.jpg

(69)%20crash.jpg

(72)%20crash.jpg

So after messing around with insurance stuff finally got her in for repairs...

(78)%20repair.jpg

Once she was fixed she stayed the same for a while, went to a few shows with some V-DUB friends of mine, there were some nice sunny days :)

(85).jpg

As you can see my exhast had started to sag by now.

(89).jpg

(93).jpg

(96).jpg

She was doing good for a while, then as summer came to an end last year i did a TUR-D in the road and "SCRATCHED" my front bumper on a curb and did this.....

(80)%20nasty%20scratch.jpg

Also got a crack in one of my speedlines so luckily i had a set of 182 cup wheels in my garage which made the car park at work even closer on the front bumper!

(79)%20low%20enough%20for%20ya.jpg

(81)%20too%20close.jpg

So as you can see i was rolling on 182 wheels for a bit and the speedlines started gathering dust in the garage waiting on my move on what to do?

(100).jpg

Exhaust still hanging down here.

(108).jpg

(119).jpg

Then on way to work hit a chuffin rat with feathers!

(120).jpg

Dam think pushed my grill outta place and made a mess grrrr....

(122).jpg

Anyway hit another dry spell so here were a few pics when my mate bought his Meggy 225.

(129).jpg

(125).jpg

Here he is NOT doing the photo any justice at all, his car is wasted, as he cant drive for s**t!

(130).jpg

This was at my first yorkshire meet back end of last year, not many turned up but was still good for me, put the speedlines on for this day as it usually takes a few days for the airs to go down on the cracked rim.

(142).jpg

(145).jpg

(147).jpg

Then i had a bit of a bump in my speedies in the cumbria area with some mates on a country drive, ended up with a wheel like this.....

(159a).jpg

....which i wasnt crazily upset about as this was the wheel with the crack in it which was only gonna push me to buying a new rim.
This was the more expensive part....

(160).jpg

Luckily it wasnt that bad i needed a new shock absorber, a new wish bone and wheel(and a new tire)
Here she is going away to be repaired at my dads.

(164).jpg

(166).jpg

Once that was all done and repaired i was stuck driving with 2 speedlines and 2 182 wheels as one of the 182 wheels now has an egg growing on the side of it and the other had a bald tire.
So my next plan whilst saving up was to lower the back some more, i was always wanting to do this but never got round to it so didnt take me long to find these.....

(177)%2090mm%20springs.jpg

90mm custom lowering springs.

(169).jpg

(170).jpg

(171).jpg

(172).jpg

I had to swap the wheels round as the speedlines where catching to f**k in the arches so swapped them round.

(173).jpg

(174).jpg

(175).jpg

By this point i'd bought new hangers for the backboxes which was just as well or i might have had an accident with the works car park and the back boxes!

(176).jpg

As you can see it was just a little bit too low for my taste, if i had front coilovers then it would have looked better but i liked the front as it was, plus the ride was way too harsh for me, 3 days and my back was killing and as soon as i had a passanger it started to catch in the arches, as i said in the beggining of my thread, i worked out what springs i had at the back, this is my technical data lol

(178).jpg

So i did a deal with a guy on here and we swapped and i know its a crap photo but this is how she stood when fitted at work, i also fitted a cup splitter too, which mean i had to park at the front car park at work.

(180).jpg

Then these arrived for my speedlines.....

(181).jpg

.....and a few days later this arrived......

(183).jpg

(182).jpg

Everything was all good again all through christmas and the snow, think everyones got a photo or two of theres in the snow at some point :)

(188).jpg

(194).jpg

Then had to do this......

(205).jpg

Because my alternator went and see the picture, as many of you know its a b**ch to pull out if you got aircon! :mad:

(200a).jpg

Once that was done, had my Full service done (finally) cost me an arm and a leg but its done now all stamped up :) and also got another crack in the speedlines, is there a common fault with these or something coz thats the second one now? so back to 2 speedlines and 2 182s.

Anyway, took the tail pipes off the other day....

(209).jpg

(210).jpg

Gave them a scrub up and took them to my papas and he buffed them up on the machine for me.

(210).jpg

(212).jpg

And now they are gleeming!

(213).jpg

And this is how she stands today......

(214).jpg

Got a few more plans for her still,

Gonna get my standard 182 silver wheels refurbed and sprayed another colour(not gonna say what colour, keep for a suprise)
got these ready and waiting to go on them

(215).jpg

Also want to get my speedlines sorted out two coz i miss having them on full time too.

Need new brakes so gonna get those done at some point but the ones i have on are ok just on there way out.

Got her in for MOT next week so waiting on a hazard switch as mine dont wanna work anymore.

And thats it for now, hope you had fun reading this as much as i did writting it, All comments welcome, can't wait to see what you all think!

tiTTy & SV650
Has it got any rear suspension? far too low IMO

Nice though, I used to have an 04 plate Arctic 182

B

bigrich690

yeah got different shocks at the back to compensate for the springs, as i said its not 90mm anymore that lasted the whole of 4 days lol its about 60mm now maybe 70mm at most

B

bigrich690

you know i wish i know what the exhaust was i've had a few ask me before, EBAY for ya lol but its one of my fav mods its not overly loud, infact i missed writting about having the de-cat on and off several times, but it was too loud with the de-cat so its cat back again and sounds better that way, it wistles again now :)

B

bigrich690

lol i know they were super low, i just remember jacking the car down and it just kept on going down, my dads eyes were popping outta his head as it kept going lol 4 days later and they were coming off, by that point i'd already got the bad back lol

B

bigrich690

I was hassled about it but...CF Splitter is much needed!

wish i could part with that kind of money but to me not worth it i do have a missus, a kid and a house to pay for and i'm not exactly a lawyer so dont bring that much money in lol but like your thinking :)

B

bigrich690

Car passed MOT today and got a price for the wheels spraying, quoted me 110 notes for 4 wheels acid stripping and re-spraying any colour of my choice ;)

Will be getting them done when i come off my holiday next month, cant wait

B

bigrich690

they do suit the car i agree lol had them a while now and still love them, just dont know what to do about that crack in the wheel, dont know if i like to gamble my life with them alloy welding or pony up the doh again and buy a new wheel?
will figure things out when i've got my 182s sprayed and on car

I'd like to echo this mans comment

Me too, the 996 looks like its got halfords/Ripspeed mesh in the front air intakes.

Lol :)

Your 182 looks not bad, although i don't know if i'd run with the 2 182 wheels and 2 speedlines.

What have you done to your exhaust ?

It looks like halfords clips ons.. :rasp:

What suspension is fitted ?

Last edited:
B

bigrich690

Me too, the 996 looks like its got halfords/Ripspeed mesh in the front air intakes.

Lol :)

Your 182 looks not bad, although i don't know if i'd run with the 2 182 wheels and 2 speedlines.

What have you done to your exhaust ?

It looks like halfords clips ons.. :rasp:

What suspension is fitted ?

well i'm in the proccess of putting new wheels on the car, like i said before, one of the speedlines has a crack in it so that had to come off and one of the tires on the 182's is illigal so having to mix and match so i can get to work on legal limits.

and the exhaust, i havent done anything to it, other than a few weeks back i took the tips off to pollish them and replaced the clips as one had snapped off, i dont buy from halfrauds but if i did what difference does it make?:S

and i have several different types of suspension going on at the moment, i have coilover springs at the back (minus platforms) so that is low, with some different shocks and the front is what its always been since i bought the car which it came like

And as for the porsche, its my dads car so cant answer questions about that, yes i'll agree that the mesh is gash but its not mine and i just wanted to put a pic up of when i had my calipers coloured and that was all i had, so enough about the porsche NEXT :)

B

bigrich690

DSC02583.jpg
DSC02581.jpg
DSC02580.jpg
Just perchased me a set of oz superleggeras on sunday 16", they need a good scrub, but they are going to be referbed another colour soon, just waiting on a few little bits, then the surprize will be revealed :)

DSC02579.jpg

B

bigrich690

ooooo yes, getting the wheels referbed and sprayed another colour and getting matching door mirrors, bullets and front diamonds in the same colour, as ive had the car 3 and half years now so ready to do something wild :)

B

bigrich690

yea think i shall come was reading the post about the next meet on the 20th?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
First off, i have a previous project thread from last year but its kinda messy and hoping that this time it will go a bit better, so bare with me.

I'll get straight to it, I have a Arctic 182 that i bought summer 2007 so coming up 3yrs of ownership, and still going strong.

A slight jump from a VTR to a 182sport was a nice leap and never looked back since.

She is a 2004 so one of the first of her kind (182s) ;)

She was pretty much standard without either of the cup packs, but the previous owner had lowered her, was never sure exactly how low but after a few years i'd worked out the back was low by 30mm and still guessing to this day about the front but would say 50mm-ish?

So here she stood in the beginning.

(1)%20very%20first%20pic%20of%20my%20clio%20182.jpg

(2)%20couple%20of%20days%20owning%20her.jpg

After owning her for a while and getting used to the power i bought some aero wipers and also got me a cup spoiler, her she is along side a standard silver one.

(3)%20good%20combo.jpg

(4)%20182%20v%20182.jpg

A few more months went by and i started to really like the look of the Trophy wheels, but 16" wasn't enough for me so i bought me a set of Speedline Corse Turinis in anthracite and in 17" which i love even to this day.

(6)%20distance%20shot.jpg

(8)%20front%20end.jpg

(9)%20max%20power%20needs%20to%20see%20this.jpg

(10)%20mwah.jpg

Then i decided to upgrade my Discs and pads and colour my calipers yellow, here she sits next to my old mans porgi.

(31)%20rear%20182%20and%20911.jpg

(24)%20182%20and%20porgie.jpg

(27)%20182%20and%20911%20front.jpg

Here is what the wheels look like with my home made centres with the diamons, waiting on spray by this point.

(32)%2017%20speedline%20corse%20turini's%20in%20anthracite.jpg

And here is with them done.

(36)%20too%20close.jpg

And this is how close the bumper gets when leaving the works car park!
Thank god i dont have a cup splitter!

(39)%20wow%20thts%20lowww.jpg

Then i got me a new exhaust system.

(54)%20new%20with%20old.jpg

Old one!

(53)%20old%20exhaust.jpg

This is how she sat for a while.

(60)%20beauty%20on%20wheels.jpg

This on my 22nd birthday last year an old woman decided to give me a birthday pressie i wouldn't forget!

(65)%20crash.jpg

(63)%20crash.jpg

(71)%20crash.jpg

(74)%20crash.jpg

(69)%20crash.jpg

(72)%20crash.jpg

So after messing around with insurance stuff finally got her in for repairs...

(78)%20repair.jpg

Once she was fixed she stayed the same for a while, went to a few shows with some V-DUB friends of mine, there were some nice sunny days :)

(85).jpg

As you can see my exhast had started to sag by now.

(89).jpg

(93).jpg

(96).jpg

She was doing good for a while, then as summer came to an end last year i did a TUR-D in the road and "SCRATCHED" my front bumper on a curb and did this.....

(80)%20nasty%20scratch.jpg

Also got a crack in one of my speedlines so luckily i had a set of 182 cup wheels in my garage which made the car park at work even closer on the front bumper!

(79)%20low%20enough%20for%20ya.jpg

(81)%20too%20close.jpg

So as you can see i was rolling on 182 wheels for a bit and the speedlines started gathering dust in the garage waiting on my move on what to do?

(100).jpg

Exhaust still hanging down here.

(108).jpg

(119).jpg

Then on way to work hit a chuffin rat with feathers!

(120).jpg

Dam think pushed my grill outta place and made a mess grrrr....

(122).jpg

Anyway hit another dry spell so here were a few pics when my mate bought his Meggy 225.

(129).jpg

(125).jpg

Here he is NOT doing the photo any justice at all, his car is wasted, as he cant drive for s**t!

(130).jpg

This was at my first yorkshire meet back end of last year, not many turned up but was still good for me, put the speedlines on for this day as it usually takes a few days for the airs to go down on the cracked rim.

(142).jpg

(145).jpg

(147).jpg

Then i had a bit of a bump in my speedies in the cumbria area with some mates on a country drive, ended up with a wheel like this.....

(159a).jpg

....which i wasnt crazily upset about as this was the wheel with the crack in it which was only gonna push me to buying a new rim.
This was the more expensive part....

(160).jpg

Luckily it wasnt that bad i needed a new shock absorber, a new wish bone and wheel(and a new tire)
Here she is going away to be repaired at my dads.

(164).jpg

(166).jpg

Once that was all done and repaired i was stuck driving with 2 speedlines and 2 182 wheels as one of the 182 wheels now has an egg growing on the side of it and the other had a bald tire.
So my next plan whilst saving up was to lower the back some more, i was always wanting to do this but never got round to it so didnt take me long to find these.....

(177)%2090mm%20springs.jpg

90mm custom lowering springs.

(169).jpg

(170).jpg

(171).jpg

(172).jpg

I had to swap the wheels round as the speedlines where catching to f**k in the arches so swapped them round.

(173).jpg

(174).jpg

(175).jpg

By this point i'd bought new hangers for the backboxes which was just as well or i might have had an accident with the works car park and the back boxes!

(176).jpg

As you can see it was just a little bit too low for my taste, if i had front coilovers then it would have looked better but i liked the front as it was, plus the ride was way too harsh for me, 3 days and my back was killing and as soon as i had a passanger it started to catch in the arches, as i said in the beggining of my thread, i worked out what springs i had at the back, this is my technical data lol

(178).jpg

So i did a deal with a guy on here and we swapped and i know its a crap photo but this is how she stood when fitted at work, i also fitted a cup splitter too, which mean i had to park at the front car park at work.

(180).jpg

Then these arrived for my speedlines.....

(181).jpg

.....and a few days later this arrived......

(183).jpg

(182).jpg

Everything was all good again all through christmas and the snow, think everyones got a photo or two of theres in the snow at some point :)

(188).jpg

(194).jpg

Then had to do this......

(205).jpg

Because my alternator went and see the picture, as many of you know its a b**ch to pull out if you got aircon! :mad:

(200a).jpg

Once that was done, had my Full service done (finally) cost me an arm and a leg but its done now all stamped up :) and also got another crack in the speedlines, is there a common fault with these or something coz thats the second one now? so back to 2 speedlines and 2 182s.

Anyway, took the tail pipes off the other day....

(209).jpg

(210).jpg

Gave them a scrub up and took them to my papas and he buffed them up on the machine for me.

(210).jpg

(212).jpg

And now they are gleeming!

(213).jpg

And this is how she stands today......

(214).jpg

Got a few more plans for her still,

Gonna get my standard 182 silver wheels refurbed and sprayed another colour(not gonna say what colour, keep for a suprise)
got these ready and waiting to go on them

(215).jpg

Also want to get my speedlines sorted out two coz i miss having them on full time too.

Need new brakes so gonna get those done at some point but the ones i have on are ok just on there way out.

Got her in for MOT next week so waiting on a hazard switch as mine dont wanna work anymore.

And thats it for now, hope you had fun reading this as much as i did writting it, All comments welcome, can't wait to see what you all think!

Old thread I know but how good do those speedlines look (before the silly lows ) !!!! :p