ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Audi A3

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I'm quite liking the LM's now. :eek: They might stay until winters done.

Get a thread up on the TT.

I will once I get round to giving it a wipe over and taking some photos mate! I'm too busy boostin' at the moment!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I will once I get round to giving it a wipe over and taking some photos mate! I'm too busy boostin' at the moment!

Once you get round to it? Don't lie. I bet it's silly clean already. Just needs a boost gauge..;) haha!

Might have to get you to do the A3 one day although It'd be dirty around an hour after. Black is gay. :(

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Once you get round to it? Don't lie. I bet it's silly clean already. Just needs a boost gauge..;) haha!

Might have to get you to do the A3 one day although It'd be dirty around an hour after. Black is gay. :(

Hit me up mate!

I have only cleaned it twice and that was literally a half arsed job, it needs a full decontamination and correction really as the roof looks like it has been cleaned with a brick previously and it's got more tar on it than your TT-QS had lol!

I ordered a Forge 008P yesterday so need to get that fitted when it arrives and sort that boost gauge with you..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well, replaced my cam follower and now I have a faint rattling between 2-3k revs but only in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It doesn't do it outside these revs or on a standstill. So car is currently not being driven until my mate can check it out. Got me stumped. Probably me just being paranoid but better safe the sorry.

Anyway, fresh number plates ordered, new updated PCV system and a nice Autotech intake ordered.

Not my car but how it will look.

DSC_0580.jpg

Just need to sort this odd engine rattle. :(

RS4
Does it almost sound like a heatshield rattling?

Not that it helps, but I had a similar noise on my S3 8L. Drove it like that for a few months:eek:. Mine was cam chain tensioner

Tripples great for all coloured cars :)

All you need to do now is protect it with a wax or sealant and youll get that long lasting glossy looks and durability

I hope this helps

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Does it almost sound like a heatshield rattling?

Not that it helps, but I had a similar noise on my S3 8L. Drove it like that for a few months:eek:. Mine was cam chain tensioner

Yeah I'd say so. Could very well be that. We'll see I guess..

Tripples great for all coloured cars :)

All you need to do now is protect it with a wax or sealant and youll get that long lasting glossy looks and durability

I hope this helps

Thanks. I have been using it and it looks great. :D

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Check your rubbers in engine cover as when i put mine back on they had pushed into the airfilter housing and that causes the metal heatshield to vibrate

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Will do although it does sound a little mechanical. Weird how it doesnt do it on the spot or in 5th, 6th etc.

Anyway, my mates taking a look and I'd rather not risk it although it doesn't sound terminal. Well, I know its not lol

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
They are noisey engines anyway with them being direct injection

If you have modding in mind go for 5w40 oil rather than the 5w30 as that quiets them down

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
OK mate. Thanks for the tip. It did get a 5/30 top up but made sure it was vw spec. My only concern is the cam follower was changed but then thatd be a constant noise I'm guessing. I'm sure its just me being paranoid but I'm a bit like that. Better safe than sorry.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its all good other than this of course. Perfect for my commute. Still, this ain't going to be cheap.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
£1600 lighter in the wallet and the Gay 3 has a full reckon gearbox. Seems a common problem for them to s**t their layshaft bearings.

Anyway, car's back and running like a dream and just averaged 36mpg on a 400 mile round trip which isn't bad for a 2.0T faux 4 four.

Today my fresh plates arrived. See you later "bootneck"

14992145027_142fd7f54d_c.jpg
IMG_20140908_121512 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Much better. Just need to get them on

15155688196_bd8c9ae8ab_c.jpg
IMG_20140908_121440 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

People presuming you are a marine and shaking your hand is not cool. :eek:

Also after seeing alistair replacing his key pads. I've done the same.

14992240767_1e7295aed2_c.png
IMG_20140831_123641 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Much better.

Last edited:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Wheels aren't to my taste, but other than that, tidy.

Always think Black grilles look good on S Lines, any plans for anything like that?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheer mate. Yep the wheels are far too bad man. After a £1600 gearbox rebuild they can wait a few months. Also I think a black grill might be a little too badass?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Jesus, not what you need just after buying it!

Not the best pics but I think they look pretty smart with the Silver rings.

2013-09-01172734_zps21199e4b.jpg

IMG_0728_zps616c0486.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Haha, sorry. Never got round to doing it on my A3 but I think it's a nice subtle change.

Grilles aint cheap from Audi though, most people just plasti dip there original one.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
How you finding it so far then mate? Minus that 4 figure bill! Missing the TT at all?

It suits my needs better but yeah I miss the TT. When I'm sat on the motorway or in traffic which is 90% of my driving then I prefer this. As soon as I'm on a twisty road or A road I miss the TT. Sadly that latter doesn't happen often.

I'll keep it over winter then might get something a little more fun in summer.

Haha, sorry. Never got round to doing it on my A3 but I think it's a nice subtle change.

Grilles aint cheap from Audi though, most people just plasti dip there original one.

Ah forgot about plasti dip..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well it's still here and got a wash down on the weekend as it was minging. Fingers crossed it's not given me any issues of late and seems to be going well. Fitted a CAI whiich has released a few ponies according to the bum dyno and people with mapped cars have seen as much as 30 ft/lbs over the standard setup.
Anyway after a sponge down -

16359281398_151b7c5de0_b.jpg
20150215_154541 by tomwh1te, on Flickr
16520954326_aeb773167c_b.jpg
20150215_154529 by tomwh1te, on Flickr
I still have a black grill here to fit too. I'm starting to think of getting some 18's for it rather than the badman 19's. So I can enjoy the power a bit more. Or just sell it..Who knows..

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
LOL i thought you'd say that! CH's would be win, would you be keeping them a nice bright silver?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What do people think to Edition 38 Pescara's on them? There some locally I have for £400.00. Very tempted. I'm just not sure as they are only 7.5J wide.

OT005.jpg

vwfestival08040-1.jpg

DSC00028_800x600shkl.jpg

DSC00033_800x600shkl.jpg

DSC00025_800x600shkl.jpg