ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Audi A3

So, as you may/may not have noticed the QS has been sold. Great car and one of the favourite cars I've owned but with the TT and smart car it was getting a little tedious having two small two seaters.

So this came up local to me. 2.0T FSI Quattro. Seemed a decent compromise and still got Quattro for potential winter fun. Plus I like to use the power in all conditions. It's not as quick as the TT but goes well being mapped with a Milltek exhaust. I've found the DV is leaking slightly which is common on these so a new one is on order which will make it go better.

It's well spec'd being a S Line with leather, heated seats, bi xenons (which seem to be very rare on these). It also have Weitec coilovers fitted.

Anyway, not the best pics but it's not the most exciting.

14697681540_991fbff08d_c.jpg
IMG_20140809_105029 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

14697714149_fc2963854e_c.jpg
IMG_20140809_105022 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

14697679370_d0921b59a4_c.jpg
IMG_20140809_105042 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

14904220853_881d781004_c.jpg
IMG_20140809_105528 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Plans, think I might change the wheels for some Audi Speedlines and that's about it.

DSC_1088.jpg

You going to stick with the same size rims?

Look massive to my eyes.

Yeah more than likely. They're 19's which I don't personally think look massive to me?

Let me know if you sell the wheels.

Will do mate.

Looks nice.

I think the rims are ok wouldnt bother me really.

Thanks. Yeah they're ok but I'm not sold on them. They do look better in the metal tbh.

Nice car.

Cheers mate.

I also swore I'd never buy another black car but here it is. Does feel rewarding cleaning it. Bit of beadage and reflection after its first coat of auto finesse triple. Although done by hand. Not sure if this is the best stuff for a black car? -

14697810467_d8815062ce_c.jpg
IMG_20140809_194733 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

14697759178_a442d9e390_c.jpg
IMG_20140809_101308 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looks good mate. I've just got rid of my A3 to free up some money.

MY11 rear lights are a must, freshen up the back nicely.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah more than likely. They're 19's which I don't personally think look massive to me?

Seeing the side on pic you're right.

Maybe its just the shiny aspect makes them look enormous. Look forward to seeing it at some point. I'm heading down to FCM on Saturday and taking the beast to be mapped after all haha.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Are they a straight swap?

Yep, straight swap. Aren't cheap if you buy from Audi but worth every penny.

If you haven't already, have a look at Audi-Sport.net. Lads on there'll soon get you spending your money!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Very nice! Looks almost identical to my old mans except he's got the Audi speedlines on

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Looking good i want speedlines for my sportback
If your doing diverter get the hpfp cam follower too ive noticed a big difference after doing mine along with the newer rev G diverter

Can give you part numbers if needed

Yep, straight swap. Aren't cheap if you buy from Audi but worth every penny.

If you haven't already, have a look at Audi-Sport.net. Lads on there'll soon get you spending your money!

I'll take a look mate. The lights look good but I'm not sure I want to spend £200.00 on lights. Money I'd probably not get back.

Very nice! Looks almost identical to my old mans except he's got the Audi speedlines on

Nice mate. I was very close to buying some speedlines last night.

Looking good i want speedlines for my sportback
If your doing diverter get the hpfp cam follower too ive noticed a big difference after doing mine along with the newer rev G diverter

Can give you part numbers if needed

Yeah it's the rev G I've ordered. The new piston type valve. I'll look in to the hpfp cam follower. Is it a simple DIY?

I quite like that, epic wheels! My Alfa went yesterday i was gutted. Rocking a DCI clio now lol

Glad you sold it mate. Was such a cool car. Whats next? A toy to go alongside the DCI I hope?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I love that more than I thought!
Going to try an Audi when the M3 goes next year, quite looking forward to it as much as I'll miss the M3!

Yeah its do able yourself i just followed a guide i found through google

I'll take a look. Do you have a part number? Changed the DV last night which made a big difference! Also going to order a new PCV for good measure.

I'm a nightmare with new cars. Spend spend spend, sell.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
06D 109 300 C is the cam follower
N910 896 01 is bolts you need 3
WHT 005 184 is o-ring seal

I paid £38 for the above and £36 for 06F 145 710G diverter valve from audi

06D 109 300 C is the cam follower
N910 896 01 is bolts you need 3
WHT 005 184 is o-ring seal

I paid £38 for the above and £36 for 06F 145 710G diverter valve from audi

Thanks mate. Looks simple enough to do but not sure I trust myself. I might see if there's anywhere local that can do it for me.

Actually very nice, I was going to berate you for getting rid of the tt for it.. But it you've got two two seaters it does make sense.

Thanks mate. Tis a shame but as you say, makes sense.

Snotter's
Like this a lot, plenty of s3/r32 brake kits floating around for good money and straight bolt on job.

Is it a miltek tbe or catback? If a catback the dp makes a big difference.

Stick an itg or evoms on and they sound the nuts.

Like this a lot, plenty of s3/r32 brake kits floating around for good money and straight bolt on job.

Is it a miltek tbe or catback? If a catback the dp makes a big difference.

Stick an itg or evoms on and they sound the nuts.

Thanks mate

It's only a cat back. Might look it to the down pipe although I cant be assed with decats. Do intakes make a big difference?

In terms of brakes is it just carriers and discs? Although this already has DS2500's and tarox discs.

Snotter's
The standard setup which is the same as the golf isn't great, there is usually a set or two for sale on the mk5 golf gti forum and ebay.
Carriers,calipers,discs and pads can range between £350-£00 depending on condition.

There is also a company cant remember the name but they sell on ebay who do cheap downpipes and they get good reviews (just need a decent flexi)

On my s3 the intake made a difference but it was mainly the noise.

The standard setup which is the same as the golf isn't great, there is usually a set or two for sale on the mk5 golf gti forum and ebay.
Carriers,calipers,discs and pads can range between £350-£00 depending on condition.

There is also a company cant remember the name but they sell on ebay who do cheap downpipes and they get good reviews (just need a decent flexi)

On my s3 the intake made a difference but it was mainly the noise.

I'll certainly look in to it. They're already considerably better than the QS's brakes. I'll search the net and see what I can find about down pipes and CAI's. The car certainly doesn't feel quick after the TT..:(

Spotted these and thought of you, although not sure how grey on black would look...

Ch's do look great on them! Grey on black or black on black would be a bit badmanz for me though. I am tempted to get 18's on it again though.

Oh and finally I have more g/s than you ;) What is it logging at out of interest? Appreciate it's heavier too but just interested on how well they can pull?

Oh and finally I have more g/s than you ;) What is it logging at out of interest? Appreciate it's heavier too but just interested on how well they can pull?

I've not checked yet mate but yeah you'd be up on me now. I have a RR print out showing 268bhp so I'm guessing it's around that. Although I've been reading the K03 on these will flow 280.

Really really like this, I think an a3 or s3 of this shape will replace my 197 eventually.

Thanks mate. I'm actually really enjoying it. It's a lovely car to drive day to day. Just not like the QS on a blast.