ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My bank holiday spent....

172 cup
cleaning the beauty

Gave it a wash,cleaned all the glass then had a go at getting my scrathes out.

One area on the rear seems to have come out with this http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/meguiars/scratchx-2-0-new-formula.aspx and the one at the front is a little better

I used Meguirs deep crystal paint cleaner all over the car first then used Deep crystal polish by meguirs, was going to finish it off with this

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/meguiars/nxt-spray-wax.aspx

but the weather didnt look great and Ive used it before and wasnt too keen.

Anyway think the pics speak for themselves, first proper go Ive had since Ive had the car and a practice for FCS

001-13.jpg

002-11.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-12.jpg

Black Clio GT
seem to have got some decent results...
get a few more coats of polish on then seal it with some wax should keep the crap out of imperections!!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice work, I think it looks really good so far, but I wouldn't have gone matt black with the badge, on the ph2's it just looks like it's missing IMO.

Silver CF wrap could look nice

172 cup
Nay bad, wants a splitter badly though imo!

I know tell me about it, just cant afford it at the moment

Nice work, I think it looks really good so far, but I wouldn't have gone matt black with the badge, on the ph2's it just looks like it's missing IMO.

Silver CF wrap could look nice

Well its personal prefernce I guess, always liked matt black

421 Cammed 172
I know tell me about it, just cant afford it at the moment

Well its personal prefernce I guess, always liked matt black

Just seen a CF one on eBay, Or there's the skoda ones.

My local scrappy has ph2 megane ones, can see if there's one there for you??

421 Cammed 172
Not too sure.

I've got the Ph2 Megane one on mine and just trimmed it with a dremmel.

There's a thread knocking about on the Skoda ones though.

172 cup
Thankfully i cant find a picture of such a disaster. But i meant no bump strips, diamonds, bullets, wheels, wing mirrors etc ;)

lol na Im stopping with the front badge, was going to do the rear until I noticed the "renault" and sport wernt pinned on

172 cup
Eibach sportline lowering springs.

Lower it a bit, enough to make it look better, aren't crashy at all (imo) and will improve the handling.

ah yes, has been suggested a lot and I agree, it looks very high.

Shortage of funds at the moment though so it will have to wait

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Around £150 new iirc, and they're not hard to fit, at all.

Not a bank buster and definately something to consider when you get a bit of spare money :)

172 cup
Around £150 new iirc, and they're not hard to fit, at all.

Not a bank buster and definately something to consider when you get a bit of spare money :)

Its a bank buster when you have £100 for the month and moving house coming up :dapprove:

Tax next month so it will be the month after, definately going to get some though

Or I might have a mad sell on jewellery

Hyundai i40
looking good laura

My mum has a meganne, might just nick hers when she aint looking

you need to cut the meg one too ;)

but seriously its a really simple job fitting a splitter. Get a skoda one and get one of the local CS's to help you

Will finish the car off no end :)

172 cup
looking good laura

you need to cut the meg one too ;)

but seriously its a really simple job fitting a splitter. Get a skoda one and get one of the local CS's to help you

Will finish the car off no end :)

Yeh think Ill go for a skoda one at the end of the month maybe, wouldnt have minded having it for FCS though