ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My BG 182

Clio 182
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and today I picked up my BG 182 :)

I have had a Renaultsport before, I had a FF 200 on finance 2 years ago but it was so expensive that I had to give it back after a year as I could not afford it (lesson learnt).

I have found my way back to the Renaultsport family in the form of this little beauty!

Done 68,000 miles, serviced around 61,000 with all belts and dephaser done. Full Renault service history etc. Car is pretty much standard apart from an air filter and a piper exhaust apparently costing over £600 according to a receipt in the history (did not think exhausts cost that much..)

Only managed to get a few pictures as I got back late and was getting dark. The private plate is not staying with the car, guy I bought it off is keeping it and I will change back to original plate once I have received the paperwork through the door. Anyway, here is some pictures! Few marks here and there and some bits I want to sort out for my own benefit, but here it is...

DSC01418_zps73b35025.jpg

DSC01419_zps9ba70d55.jpg

DSC01421_zps38791fff.jpg

DSC01422_zps3fbb2596.jpg

Any comments or criticisms welcome! And thanks for being so welcoming to me :D

Brad.

Clio 182
Cheers guys! Must admit I'm not sure on the tints myself but am leaving as is at the minute! Quick question, what oil should I be putting in it? Coming up saying oil is low and don't want to put in the wrong stuff???

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice :)

£600 for the exhaust? Even fitted it sounds a lot. Thought they were around the £450 mark. Is it decatted?

Not a lover of the tints tbh. How you find it compared to the 200?

I use elf evolution sxr on mine with genuine filter.

Clio 182
Yeah I thought it was a bit steep for the exhaust! And no I don't think it is, must admit I'm not 100% sure but it doesn't seem loud enough to be de-catted.

Obviously looks wise to the 200 I don't think it's as pretty but obviously it's changed a lot with the more modern looks of cars these days. Handling wise I haven't really had a chance to see what the 182 is like but it doesn't have cup suspension whereas my 200 did. In relation to speed, the 182 FEELS just as quick, wether it is or not is another story. But so far, I love it!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Oil - 5W40 fully synthetic you choose the brand you feel happy with a lot on here shout out various makes such as above Elf Evolution SXR (as recommended by renault) shell, castrol even halfords just make sure its the right grade

Clio 182
Thanks for the advice on the oil! I want to change the dash trims aswell because they are a bit worn but I don't want to do the usual carbon fibre rubbish, just don't know what colour to choose? I'm thinking either red or liquid yellow colour. Any idea where I could get this done or a member on here that would do it for a small fee?

​Thanks!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at spray shack on here as he does them.

You can do it yourself pretty easy too and maybe lacquer some renault sport stickers on there.

I think red or yellow would be too much "in your face" but that's just my opinion. Have a look on here as I'm sure I've seen yellow on a bg.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Do them BG same as a V6 or check ebay for a spare set and do them your self other option check scrap yards. I did and got a set of BG strips including steering wheel badge

Clio 182
Thanks everyone. Few bits need to do, has got carbon fibre fog surrounds which look a bit....s**t. Few scuffs on the paintwork here and there but I will get them sprayed at some point! And also, how do I get the valve caps off of the tyres? Cannot seem to unscrew them or anything to be able to pump the tyres up.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Are they standard valve caps just done tight or the spinning circular one the likes of richbrook do?

Also are they proper carbon or vinyl wrapped?

Clio 182
Got engine oil so that is sorted now! Had to take the mrs to the tyre place today as she had a puncture, so dunked her wheel in my boot and off we went. As I pulled up and got out of the car at the tyre place, I noticed mine looked a bit flat too, turns out I also had a fecking puncture! What are the odds!?

So, after having the car for one day it has already had to have 2 new front tyres (chose to replace both, may aswell) and had the tracking done, all to the wonderful sum of £210.

​Welcome back to the Renaultsport family!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Got engine oil so that is sorted now! Had to take the mrs to the tyre place today as she had a puncture, so dunked her wheel in my boot and off we went. As I pulled up and got out of the car at the tyre place, I noticed mine looked a bit flat too, turns out I also had a fecking puncture! What are the odds!?

So, after having the car for one day it has already had to have 2 new front tyres (chose to replace both, may aswell) and had the tracking done, all to the wonderful sum of £210.

​Welcome back to the Renaultsport family!

It is one of them things now, where they are so cheap and previous owners don't properly maintain them whoever buys them next is likely to have bills to face :dapprove:

Clio 182
I guess it would have needed to be done at some point so it's not all bad. Plus having the tracking done has made a huge difference to how it drives!

Next plan of action is to tidy up the interior, need some new dash trims and gear knob, then tempted to get a few bits in alacantra like the pillars and the gear-gaitor & handbrake.

Any thoughts on what colour to go for in the interior with the dash trims? Was tempted by liquid yellow but the calipers are red and that sort of thing will annoy my OCD. Maybe black gold dash trims to keep it simple?

​Opinions needed!

Clio 182
Can someone please direct me to a link to some decent exhaust hangers please and which ones I need? Have searched on eBay and seems to be 3 different types of hanger so I am a bit confused?

Also anyone direct me to a link for a decent front splitter?

​Thanks guys!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ktec do a nice carbon one

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=977

Skoda do a fabia one that will fit at a pittance of the price but the ends will need trimming down

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/front-bumper-splitter-spoiler-fabia-2007-2011-33930

Or a laguna one but the ends have to be trimmed down also iirc

http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Laguna-1-Front-Bumper-Spliter.html

Or a cupra-r splitter

http://www.seataccessories.co.uk/product/Front_Splitter_1ML805903

Or you can buy a genuine renault one.....

http://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Clio-182-Bumper-Spliter.html

Clio 182
Ooooo I'm not sure! I'm s**t at DIY so not sure getting a splitter that has to be cut down etc is a fantastic idea haha but I also don't want to spend over £100 on something that's going to get stone chipped to s**t lol thanks though guys il have a think!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's hardly DIY lol you just screw some self tapers into the splitter once its lined up and drilled onto the bumper and stanly knife the excess off each end (5mm ish) job done!

Clio 182
Need to remove the gearknob off the 182 and replace with the OEM one I just bought off eBay, but have no idea how to do it or replace it with the new one!? HELP

Clio 182
So I've been reading on google how to remove the gearknob and it sounds like a right ball ache! Anyone know an easy way to do it? I do NOT want to use a bloody saw or anything mental. I need to do something that makes it possible to put another gearknob back on!

clio 172 phase 2
I had to use a saw . I tried heating the knob up first with a heat gun did jack . So got the saw out

Clio 182
Got few bits turning up tomorrow (hopefully) just to sort out the interior a bit more. Got a new OEM gearknob (dreading trying to get that sorted), new dash strips off eBay, and some primer & satin black paint for the front grill!

Will get some pics up when sorted.

Also, it appears I'm in need of new exhaust surrounds, mine seem to basically be falling off! No idea where to get them from though OR how they're fitted? Anyone shed some light or give me advice on what to do?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Exhaust mounts are held on by 3 bolts either mount. They have a torx bit center and are 17mm if my memory serves me right. Best off getting a socket with an extension as they can be rusted in. Dont get cheap imitation ones off ebay, get genuine mounts, prima racing solid mounts or powerflex ones. The latter will need to be drilled:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?558057-Uprated-modified-exhaust-mounts

Where abouts in essex are you brad?

Clio 182
Near Chelmsford pal you?

Will have a look at those exhaust mounts buddy thanks!

Also need to exhaust trims that are on the back bumper, contemplating carbon ones but don't know how to fit etc

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
They just clipped on but I bonded mine on aswell.

Ktec and streamline both do them.

Im just outside Harlow. You should pop along to the lakeside meet at the end of the month if your free.

Clio 182
Yeah mate that sounds good to me, never been to lakeside for car meets or anything, never been my kind of thing but always nice to meet other Renaultsport lovers haha