ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Birthday Present to Myself - AMG Content!

RX7 FD
Is this 7 speed? Is it the usual AMG clutch instead of a torque converter setup? That the one thing I'm not overly keen on is the 'box. Even the latest MCT fitted to the 12-> cars is slow slow to react in manual!

Yes it is the 7 speed and in manual it is a little slow to react. Although apparently with some soft upgrades from Merc can make it a lot better. I will be investigating when I take it for a free check-up this week and see what can be done.

Also need a source a smaller aerial .... I reckon I could contact the Martians with the current one fitted.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome motor, I was meant to go out in one of the scottish chap's from CSS, but I was too hungover. As you're local I may tap you up for a passenger ride ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Awesome motor, I was meant to go out in one of the scottish chap's from CSS, but I was too hungover. As you're local I may tap you up for a passenger ride ;)

I got offered to take Adams AMG out but id had a few beers by then.

Nice cars.

Z4
Lol ^

Nice car! I prefer the multi spokes though.
Is the noise that good? My neighbour has a v8 sl500 and it sounds underwhelming?

I have thought about getting one of these before, but I think I'd go for the z4 m coupe if I were in the market! Good colour choice, mans it up a little :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Lol ^

Is the noise that good? My neighbour has a v8 sl500 and it sounds underwhelming?

I have thought about getting one of these before, but I think I'd go for the z4 m coupe if I were in the market! Good colour choice, mans it up a little :)

They sound a fair bit more grunty.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol ^

The Sl500 is definitely muted mate. We repair 2 of them and they're sort of designed that way.

RX7 FD

Feel free pal, any excuse to floor it!

Big Dave don't let this turn you into a c**t like the other two.

Chunt mode ENGAGE!

With regards to the multispokes, yes I probably would have preferred them to be honest. BUT this had the ideal spec with options and history. It is rare to find an 07 plate with the big brakes, especially as it also has paddles rather than the buttons of the earlier cars for manual gear changing. With the Harmon Kardon and Air Scarf etc. It was too good to resist especially for the sake of some alloys.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with it needed the multi-spokes but I honestly think this gen looks better than the current, newer ones are so out of proportion at the rear.

Enjoy it!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with it needed the multi-spokes but I honestly think this gen looks better than the current, newer ones are so out of proportion at the rear.

Enjoy it!

Agree'd. Really not keen on the new one at all. Shame as most the other stuff merc are knocking out these days looks mega.

The wheels were the first thing I noticed and liked. Love the look of these cars and the wheels look like Mk1 Focus RS wheels, which look great, in my eyes.

Cracking car, enjoy!

Z4
The Sl500 is definitely muted mate. We repair 2 of them and they're sort of designed that way.

Makes sense I guess, luxury auto GT. They sound expensive, but lack any real v8 goodness.
Don't they have something like 4 silencers or something? Sacrilege! He's looking at getting an exhaust made up for it, any recommendations?

On a second look, I quite like the wheels. As said, they're quite mk1 FRS! They just look abit toned down contacting with the fresh silver paintwork. I'd consider anthracite.

Careful calling it it a birthday present to yourself, the missus will expect a pony.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Awesome car, looks amazing and if I'd bought it, I'd be extremely proud!

Last edited by a moderator:

dk

911 GTS Cab
manual mode is s**t, i can read a book in the time it takes to change gear from the paddles, leave it in sport auto though and it changes up very fast and explodes as it does so.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nice car :) bet it sounds great

Lol at the willy waving. It's a good job the Clio owners don't do it to each other!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Awesome wee cars! I looked at one, but the gearbox was so poor that I eventually canned the idea! Still love them though; but really needs the multi spokes.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Excellent car. I really enjoyed mine. Only problem was, get to foot happy, 8MPG!!

Multispokes are good
IMAG077403_zpsa28f2e81.jpg

All about the ASS though
20130623_073208_zpse0c49949.jpg

Also make some noise when on full chat. Feel free to as Phaser and Ron. Or anyone at FCS camping.

Last edited:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Awesome, absolutely love AMG's especially this, it’s like having a small missile

Keep looking at these, would have to be black with the above alloys. Any pictures of the interior?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Saw one of these on my way to work this morning, in a weird deep blue colour, looked amazing to be honest. I then saw a silver Non-AMG version a few minutes later and it looked boring!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Genuinely had that on the way down to CSS. What a drive, kept its own against the GTR, it pulled away after 3rd though.
Plus top down, with the scarf heater, oh my.

After about 20mph when its raining, no rain hits inside the car. Tried and tested :) So can have the roof down when you so please.

Genuinely had that on the way down to CSS. What a drive, kept its own against the GTR, it pulled away after 3rd though.
Plus top down, with the scarf heater, oh my.

After about 20mph when its raining, no rain hits inside the car. Tried and tested :) So can have the roof down when you so please.
How come you you sold it ?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Why the f*ck would you want the roof down when it is raining?
You wouldn't, unless you are driving a long distance and it starts raining like happened to me last week, was on the motorway so couldn't stop, as mentioned though, as long as you are doing some speed it doesn't hit you or the inside of the car, unless it starts pissing it down like happened to me.

Was as going to pull off at the next junction but then then it was only a shower so didn't have to, people do look at you strange, but it was sunny before it rained, what was I supposed to do, stop on the hard shoulder.....

i wouldnt go out with it down when it's raining though, that's just silly.