ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Clio

Clio 1.2
Hi guys,

Not as impressive as the majority of other projects on here but thought as im planning on doing a few bits and pieces to mine it would be a good idea to make a thread!

Passed my test in August and a few weeks later purchased a 1.2 Clio Grande! Not the highest of spec models, but is a perfect runaround and as im only 18 cannot afford a phase 1 sport any time soon :(

Shortly after replaced the headunit as the original was cack!

Put a nice sony one in and does the job fine!

Spent a few quid on replacing the passenger side strips as there were none on it when i bought it, the added a parcel shelf and popped some alpine speakers in, not tooo loud or bass heavy but again are perfect for me.

Sprayed the front badge black and also put on a pair at the back which i also sprayed.

DSCF2649.gif

Here is as she stands today! (After a decent was and wax) :rasp:

DSCF2647.gif

Alloys were what came on the car and tbh i actually quite like them, terribly scuffed and in dire need of a refurb (which i plan on doing myself)
Opinions on colours? Was feeling a nice anthracite...

DSCF2646.gif

Also need to re-do the calipers and spray the drums black, all will come in time.

DSCF2644.gif

Awaiting a set of phase one sport lights which im hoping will improve the look of the front!

Going to replace the side strips with a set of the newer shape ones as the grande ones im not a fan of at all.

Will carbon wrap the wing mirrors and also the bullets of the new strips.

And going to get some clear side repeaters also! :)

DSCF2645.gif

Contemplating a decent induction kit? Opinions..

As you can see not the biggest of projects, just looking to do a few minor mods to individualize my clio!

Thanks for reading (if any of you have :rasp:)

BBS and Lowws...
Very nice, love the alloys ;) if it were me, i would colour code it and lower it, but that isn't to everyone's taste. But other than that, great car mate!

Clio 1.2
Looking into colour coding it, how much roughly would it be @ a bodyshop?

Or is it not that hard to do myself?

Found a dealer on ebay where i can get a 500ml can of pearl black paint and the laquer for 19.99, will have a go at the side strips in the next week or so and see how that goes then ill try and tackle the bumpers ;)

Haha thanks, theyre not the worst alloys really, seen ALOT chavier ones :rasp:

2nd Black 1.2
could be the usual sheep and go cc, l0wz on coileys, dual optics, silver repeater bulbs, ph2 rear lights sport interior.. but i know id go a unique route..

and id invest in a spoiler, clios without them look like a bald man :)

BBS and Lowws...
Take a look at my alloys, cant go any chavier than that. Thats why I got new ones ;)

You can get places that you send off the parts and they colour code it for you, it takes like 3-4 days and its good service, but for the front bumper, back bumper, and side stripes all to be colour coded, you would be looking at around £250. Which I think is a bit ridiculous considering you can do it yourself for like £30.

If you do want them to do it, try out: http://www.spray-shack.co.uk/

BBS and Lowws...
could be the usual sheep and go cc, l0wz on coileys, dual optics, silver repeater bulbs, ph2 rear lights sport interior.. but i know id go a unique route..

and id invest in a spoiler, clios without them look like a bald man :)

What type of spoiler would you recommend, and where can I get one from and how much are we looking at. I was planning on getting one for mine but cant find any decent ones ;)

Clio 1.2
Not really a fan of the ph2 rears so im going to stick with the ones i have and just get a good set of LED indicator and brake bulbs to brighten them up, and wont be bothering with a sports interior as im too lazy and im trying to save!;)

I AM tempted with lowering it, but the speedbumps down here are shocking and its bad enough with standard springs haha, so just looking to do a few visual changes, but havent got much idea on what to do apart from what ive listed..

Clio 1.2
Take a look at my alloys, cant go any chavier than that. Thats why I got new ones ;)

You can get places that you send off the parts and they colour code it for you, it takes like 3-4 days and its good service, but for the front bumper, back bumper, and side stripes all to be colour coded, you would be looking at around £250. Which I think is a bit ridiculous considering you can do it yourself for like £30.

If you do want them to do it, try out: http://www.spray-shack.co.uk/

Thanks ill take a look!

Tbh ill probably just do it myself slowly, just worried ill get a diff finish to the standard paint?

Was looking at a sport spoiler the other day on ebay, pearl black too! But forgot about it and got outbid! :(

BMW 535d
nice little run around there mate. just colour code it and make it lower. Springs will probably be best because of the price. Other than that not too much needs doing apart from alloy refurb as you have already mentioned.
A quick pic of mine. 1.2 sport rep :)

29092011100.jpg

Clio 1.2
nice little run around there mate. just colour code it and make it lower. Springs will probably be best because of the price. Other than that not too much needs doing apart from alloy refurb as you have already mentioned.
A quick pic of mine. 1.2 sport rep :)

View attachment 65076

Looks fantastic mate! Well done

Yeah in the middle of colour coding now mate! Just started the side strips, ill upload a pic now..

DSCF2650.gif

DSCF2651.gif

Looks like the strip had some sort of grease or oil? None was present when i started spraying but any how, will let them dry and see how they go after another coat..

2nd Black 1.2
i cleaned my side strips with cillit bang, sand, primer, primer, paint paint paint laquer laquer. as for spoiler depending on your budget.. low budget just a dynamique/non cup. higher, cup spoiler as it looks the tits :) i got mine of ebay but you should ask clio spares on here if youre a full memeber, their top notch. also cup spoiler is about 140/50 ish

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You haven't prepp'd your sidestrips properly.

That reaction is due to silicon/grease on the plastic which the paint can't stick to.

Clio 1.2
You haven't prepp'd your sidestrips properly.

That reaction is due to silicon/grease on the plastic which the paint can't stick to.

Yeah i want everything done NOW and rushed my prep haha, theyre coming along nice now, these cold nights means i dont get much done, got the last rear panel to finish and the rest need another coat of two of laquer and theyll be going on tomorrow now hopefully! :D

BBS and Lowws...
Yeah i want everything done NOW and rushed my prep haha, theyre coming along nice now, these cold nights means i dont get much done, got the last rear panel to finish and the rest need another coat of two of laquer and theyll be going on tomorrow now hopefully! :D

Lets see some more pictures! ;)

Clio 1.2
Lets see some more pictures! ;)

All strips now done!

Pretty happy with the finish seeing as its the first time ive done anything like this :D

Sadly have only one 16v door badge :( so if anyones got a spare?

For now ill put them on anyway gets rid of those horrid grande ones ;)

My silvervisions came today, so have replaced them, nnice touch for only a fiver! strange went to close the bonnet afterwards and simply wouldnt close! had a good few attempts and finally did! Do i need a new catch or simply abit of wd40 on the lock?

P1210546.gif

Inferno 182
Learn from alot of people on here's mistakes, never rush anything! I've done it and i'm sure alot of people have done it before and it ends up being more expensive because you have to re-do it. But i do like your car mate and love the alloys :)

Clio 1.2
Learn from alot of people on here's mistakes, never rush anything! I've done it and i'm sure alot of people have done it before and it ends up being more expensive because you have to re-do it. But i do like your car mate and love the alloys :)

Yeah ive learnt the hard way now, but everything has turned out alright in the end!

Will give the car a good wash as driving down narrow muddy lanes has left its mark ;)

Then will post a few pics with the new strips :)

BBS and Lowws...
Looking very shiny ;)

Will be good to see some side pics and ones closer up of the side stripes. I wanna see how they came out ;)

Clio 1.2
No updates as of yet, those damn strips wont go right! I dont rush etc and the lacquer either goes too shiny or too dull -.-

Any one know someone who's good at colour coding all they really need is to be re-sanded, another coat of black then lacquer! Sick and tired of wasting money, when im clearly not the man for the job, haha!

BBS and Lowws...
No updates as of yet, those damn strips wont go right! I dont rush etc and the lacquer either goes too shiny or too dull -.-

Any one know someone who's good at colour coding all they really need is to be re-sanded, another coat of black then lacquer! Sick and tired of wasting money, when im clearly not the man for the job, haha!

Im using http://www.spray-shack.co.uk/ who seem good. They are doing my side stripes and a whole rear bumper. I will find out how they come back like in a week. But loads of people on here have used them before and they are supposed to be really good ;)

Clio 1.2
Not really an update, just need some advice!

My car is leaking water on the roof, right by where the plastic door pillars meet the roof lining! I have a broken sunroof clip (still closes) but im assuming its not water tight? Or is it the actual seals?

HELPPPPPPPPPP!

Clio 1.2
Another lameeeee update..

Clutch is now slipping so going to ring up my local garage for a quote tomorrow, anyone have a rough price for a new clutch.. so i know im not getting ripped off!

Clio 1.2
Really slow updates due to lack of money etc, sucks :(

Fitted my fabia splitter, looks ace, much meaner front i think will pop a pic up tomorrow after ive given her a wash!

STILL havent got round to doing my bump strips yet, alll sprayed and painted just noticed two of the clips on the passenger side one are not there, which means when its clipped on it hangs off at one end, what can i do or use to keep it jammed on?