ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My blackened out xenon headlight

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Here you go guys both fitted
dd3ceb79.jpg

lol you had the right idea but went about it the wrong way! Paint the light housing YES, but the reflector NO. Common sense surely tells you it isn't a good idea...

M3, Cup racer'd 182
lol you had the right idea but went about it the wrong way! Paint the light housing YES, but the reflector NO. Common sense surely tells you it isn't a good idea...

My 1st attempt of spraying the housing i tried to mask off the reflective main beam part, as soon as i pulled the masking tape off it also pulled the reflective with it leaving it in patches, so pretty much impossible to mask of.

I was also using not so sticky masking tape.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Just flat black or matt/satin? Interesting choice! Black on black is my favourite.

It's going straight black so shinny, was going to go with matt black but times running out and need it done so will re do it next year.

clio 3 dci 106 hp
I'm lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... now you can put a sticker on the clio .."come on the dark side.." star wars rule'z ;)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I'm lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... now you can put a sticker on the clio .."come on the dark side.." star wars rule'z ;)

I reckon he'll get a few bad surprises on it if he does that.

A.N. Other
This is like when people spray their rear lights black - yes they still work, but they're so dim that it's not worth having them in the first place!
Lights are bright for a very good reason...

M3, Cup racer'd 182
This is like when people spray their rear lights black - yes they still work, but they're so dim that it's not worth having them in the first place!
Lights are bright for a very good reason...

I didn't spray the xenon bulb capsule glass, so the brightness is not affected but here's pics anyway.
b7ed0e7b.gif

51e49cc2.gif

M3, Cup racer'd 182
cant wait to see the finished car, i love the blacked out looK!

Just waiting for a nice sunny day atmo so i can spray the inside door jams and inside the doors, then it will be a case of see my friend that sprays cars to fit it into his for him to blow the hole car over for a barging price of £100 lol.

Gotta luv mates sometimes :).

Grande 1.2
they look smart dude!! was going to do the same, but didnt think it would go as well with a silver clio