ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Boosted 182

Renault Clio GT 128
Picked up a lovely little 182 with a turbo conversion and caught in the middle of stripping to a track spec type build. The car is almost too clean for that, so I am tempted to try and get it to a "club sport" spec.

Brief overview:
- High boost conversion turbo 300BHP (high 297bhp/253lb ft) w/ PiggyBack ecu
- Half Cage
- Corbeau Bucket Seats
- TRS 4 point harnesses
- OMP Steering wheel
- Flocked Dashboard
- Ultralite Wheels
- ST Coilovers
- Renault Scenic Shifter
- AD08R Tyres
- 3” Stainless Milltec exhaust turbo back decat

The conversion was done by clioturbo/clioturbo.co.uk who doesn't seem to be in business anymore... If anyone knows anything on the process of what this turbo conversion would have likely consisted off I'd appreciate it! I was always under the impression that 230/240bhp was as much as these motors liked, so assuming there will be forged pistons and thicker headgasket and a upgraded clutch.

Think the plan is for now a good paint decontamination, machine polish and protection, full service with some upgraded spark plugs as these current ones don't like the hi boost map too much, possibly a pms shifter and to pick up some interior and carpet to tidy things up inside.

received-3172112693118423.jpg

received-579074453820585.jpg

received-596642371879966.jpg

received-559018909080373.jpg

received-1212359889558926.jpg

received-1065918480968526.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Clioturbo builds usually consisted of him robbing parts off other cars he was trusted to work on to make one that sort of worked by the time the owner was fed up enough to go get their car from his premises. In the early days he did some decent conversions and used good parts, but it all went Pete Tong and towards the end his work was shoddy at best and down right dangerous at worst. I expect its safe to say that any Clioturbo build that's still boosted has had plenty of money spent since to make it work properly.

Renault Clio GT 128
On order:
Magnecoil Ignition Leads
NGK 1 step colder plugs
Black series powerflex ARB bushes
Black series powerflex front wishbone bushes
Interior centre console

Gave the car a good polish and coated it too. Comes up well for a 17 year old motor!
IMG-20220701-184241.jpg

IMG-20220701-184306.jpg