ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Boot Install Process (56K No Go!)

GOLF GT TDI
Some of you may have seen my last last install probably at the French Car show, I have now changed my install again here is my process.

After Months And Months of designs and thinking what to go for i have finaly finished my install.

My Old Install
OldInstall.gif

THE PLAN
To Fit the following:
2 x Genesis Profile Sub Ultra's
1 x Profile Four Ultra
1 x Audio Control Epicenter
Pair Of Alpine Crossovers
1 x Optima Yellow Top Battery

The first thing was to rip out the old install and Sound Deaden.

Deadning002.gif

Deadning001.gif

Second Battery Holder for Boot
I will be fitting a Optima Yellow Top Battery in the boot along with a trickle charge system, it will be screwed down to this is the spare wheel compartment.
Battery-platform.gif

Holder fitted alone with false floor
A false floor is fitted for the subs to sit level across the wheel compartment
falsefloor.gif

False Floor Part 2
This is going to be for the Crossovers and Epicenter
Crossoverfloor.gif

Test Fitting
Making Sure They Fit ok
Crossoverfitted.gif

Carpeting
Carpeted And ready to install
Crossovercarpetedfitted.gif

Amp Rack
Amp Rack For Sub Ultras (Sorry Process Pics of These)
Amprack.gif

Amps Fitted
Amps Tempory Fitted
AmprackampsFitted.gif

Fitting Flooring
Fitting of Crossover and Epicenter Flooring
Crossoverplatformfitted.gif

Fitting 3rd Amp
Fitting Of Profile Four Ultra
AllampsFitted.gif

The Wiring
Just quickly wired in for the amps it to bet set up properly.
WiredIn.gif

The Wiring Tided
Tideing The wires
WiredInTieded.gif

I am currently running in the system then i will be getting a DB Reading:
I know its not either to everyones taste or to the standard to some peoples work on here but i have done it myself without any help so i am kinda proud :)

Comments Welcome :)

Mazda MX5 1.8
well its very well done but cant help but think the car would be much more enjoyable without all that extra weight (+ the obligatory) imo :)

GOLF GT TDI
thanks :) i am not quiet finished yet but most of it is done just little visual bits to do

stu i dont like subs and boom box cars that shake my windows as they go past, but that my friend is a true work of art. would love to see it up close. the carpeting looks very very good, and i so glad that, since you have decided to do it, you havent gone down the neons and plastic s**t box look!!

a big well done!!

and no Im not 40 lol ;) half that :D

jamie

K20 eg 217 whp.
looks very well done, bet the bass is amazing i saw the kicker hummer at trax and that was mental!

how come you have 3 amps and only 2 subs?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
change the subs lol,
other than that good effort :D

surly though would make sense to have 4 amps 2 on each then run them parallel , bridged, one slave on master for each sub

GOLF GT TDI
the two bottom amps are profile sub ultra's 1000 Rms each "Genesis Ratings so about 1300 Rms actual rating" one for each sub

and then the top is a four channel amp for my components

Clio SI
wow man that is one amazing install i wouldnt even know where to start wiring it up, im having to research just how to wire up shelf 6x9 lol

looks amazing nice one

Audi TT 225
So how much slower is it with an extra half a ton in the boot j/k ;)

Great install tho fair play, can you see anything in your rear view mirror?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
looks very well done, bet the bass is amazing i saw the kicker hummer at trax and that was mental!

how come you have 3 amps and only 2 subs?

The kicker hummer is quiet Believe me :D

Check out some of the cars on Talk Audio if you want loud........

GOLF GT TDI
the view isnt as bad as you may think i decided to put the whole of the amp on a hinge so by simply flicking the rear seats forwards and unclipping a few bits the whole amp will fold down towards the front

182 inside
I'm not a fan of filling the car with ice but i must say. well done, keep it up. There's a business venture awaiting you i'm sure.

RS Clio 200
done a good job matey, and worth being proud of it - personally though i dont understand the whole big sounds in car thing.

GOLF GT TDI
Final Steps

Added Deading to boot panel
Deadning003.gif

once i done it i had to put all the clips back into the boot door

hole.gif

problem i had was the deadening, the clips didnt wanna clip in the holes fully, so i put a little bit of super glue on both the clip and the boot and held fine,

BootPanelFitted.gif

now carpeted the rest of the boot:
Before
Crossoverplatformfitted.gif

After
BootCarpeted.gif

Thats dam impressive fella, although my favourite part of it has to be the tidied wiring, that must have taken you ages and something i could never be bothered to do on any of my installs

GOLF GT TDI
the wiring took me about 3 days alone very happy with it nothing rattels now.... well from the wires n e way

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
agree with taylor, personal opinion id go for sumthing else. xxx if could afford it or oz matrix but looks spot on mate. long as your pleased

GOLF GT TDI
thanks for all the kind comments people just had the system properly set up now, when i am driving along its a little worrying when i pull into a car park and set off about 8 car alarms lol