ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car, finally.

The Story
Bought the car last October for £1100 with 65k, as my first car. Didnt want to post pictures untill I got it in a reasonable state.

The Mods
In order - RSI Alloys, Clear side repeaters, silvervisions all arond, CS sticker, 60mm apex shocks & springs.

The Clean
I did the "big" clean, took me 12-13 hours over three days.
Sonax gloss shampoo x 2
AG super resin x 1
AG extra gloss protection x 3
Detail - glass, black bits and alloys
Megs carnuba (sp) wax x 3

More detailed description, and different pictures here:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1661995#post1661995
The Pictures

Media1.jpg

Media3.jpg

ohh yeah baby :cool:
Media4.jpg

Media6.jpg

Media7.jpg

Media8.jpg

Media9.jpg

Media11.jpg

Media12.jpg

The Future
Not much left to do, need to pick up some 172/182 side skirts made to fit a mk1 from NathanH,
Got a Williams spoiler sat in my room, will spary and fit that,
Sand down the pipercross bell mouth and spray it matblack,
Get some better profile tyres, and thats about it :)

Disclaimer
Please ignor the bee sting arial (some fecker nicked my standard one :S, waiting to get a new standard one)

Coments & critisim welcome.

Thanks for the comments :).

Sambo, sorry mate I cant remember the website, ill trawl through my email and try and find the link for you.

Cheers

Guy they were taken just off Humberston Avenue, nice and secluded spot, ill show you some time ;)

Tried to go to the docks, but they wouldnt let me in to take pictures :S

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Ph3 for the win!

Looking good dude, loooooooking good! Spray the wheels white ;) you know it makes sense. LoL.

What tyres you after? Don't skimp on the tyres! Get yourself some nice summer tyres, and enjoy :)

As a ph3 owner; I must say...ur plastic trim looks ace!

-Akira

Not very clued up on tyres so am not sure, dont even no what size will fit lol, any help wont go amiss ;)

I assume ur current tyres are 195/65/15 or 195/55/15... if so; you're after some 195/45/15s... http://www.mytyres.co.uk/ are pretty cheap, and stock lots of different brands.

I like Yoko A539s for the clio... you could also keep 'em on in winter, as they shift water pretty well too. But they have good contact area, and fairly soft for 'street' tyres. (£46 each from Mytyres...inc P&P)

-Akira

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
looks mint mate, a real nice example. I did a very similar thing to my first car (Fiesta) looked much more modern than it was and looked mint.

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
dude its looks really good! Whats wrong with the bee sting? Ive got one and no one cared, looks ok, please dont slate now though!

avance70 said:
some interior pics?
Ner its totally standard inside, and I dont think anyone wants to see a basic MK1 interior.

Whats wrong with the bee sting? Ive got one and no one cared, looks ok, please dont slate now though!
lol just looks abit chromey and doesnt really look right with the rest of the car, nothing against them I just prefere the standard one :)

Spray it... standard one is ghey and looooooooong as s**t. My car looks R/C.

Get some new plates, with the Euro "GB" symbol, makes the car look a lot newer IMHO.

-Akira