ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car has died :-(

Hi guys, well its been a while since I have been on last, lets just say "computer technical issues" and being poor dont help!

Anyhow, last week my car wouldnt start, lights, radio etc would turn on but car wouldnt start. I have searched thru here and reckon its the starter motor.

But, I bought a battery charger hooked it up, and whilst it was charging, the wind blew the bonnet shut, which isnt good i guess. Now not even lights or anything will turn on, when i turn the key absolutely nada happens.

I have checked all the fuses under the glove box, everything seems ok, anywhere else i should look? I am a bit of a novice mechanically.

At the moment I have taken out the battery and charging it indoors today to see if I can rule that out. Otherwise I dunno what to do. Anyhelp would be appreciated, before I go to a garage etc I want to make sure I know at least what the problem is.

Thanks guys and I am glad I am back on at last!

Jim

Ahh, I knew there would be some others somewhere! in the square shaped box ya?

I will have a look tomorrow morning. Cheers mate.

Jim

clio williams, Ph1 172

just check the battery connections are clean and tight too mate. basically check everythin electrical u can think of

Damn rain! Always the way

Anyway, just so I know, is the starter motor just to the bottom left of the battery when you look at it from the Passenger side? I am guessing thats it but I could be wrong!

I am hoping it just needs a whack and the battery to be charged..heres hoping!

Cheers guys!

CTR EK9 turbo

Push start it? Get some mates to give you a push down the road and hop off the clutch in 2nd. If that doesnt work maybe the immobiliser is going haywire like mine?

The starter motor is behind a heat shield right next to the exhaust manifold.

Id check that the battery isnt goosed aswell mate.

Because you may get unburnt fuel getting to the cat which will then ignite when the cat gets hot.

This is not at all good for the delicate insides of the cat.

really wow my hero.

Like 5 miss fires will destroy a cat to! Every car missfires and quite often.

And also you can reclaim a cat thats been soaked in fuel.

You lot believe far to much sh*te you really do.

Keyser go and bump start the f**ker.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 23 July 2003

NO DONT!!!!!!!!

you cant bumpstart a car with a sunroof!
OH sh*t!!!!:eek:

I did that the other day and my gearbox fell out, you could told me earlier BenR:mad:

LMAO!!

SOOOOOOOOOOo off topic guys!

Anyway, I thought you couldnt bump start a car with velour interior??:devilish:

Anyway, joy of joys, it was only a flat battery! wooohooo! £9 charger worked a treat and it now starts great every time. I think its the shortish journeys I make.

So, thanks guys I hope its sorted now, couldnt bump start it as every fecker in my road parks in front of me!

Jim