ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car has wet itself

Realised there was a big pool of water under my car, checked the coolant and it was well under minimum. Had only checked it 5 days previous and it was fine.

Filled it back up and bunged some radweld in, which seems to have stopped the leaking, however when the car is stood and gets hot, steam starts to rise off the radiator (even after the leaked water has burned off) and the temp guage does rise ever so slightly higher than usual but not by much at all.

Had a quick poke around and its not coming from the water pump, matrix or top radiator hoses, its something down in the bowels. Ive been underneath it and it seems the steam is coming from within the core of the radiator. I dont think its coming from any hoses

One other thing i noticed just tonight is that the temp guage now wavers slightly, again its only very slight but it has always held firm and only moves slowly, now it jumps to a fro a mm or so.

Warning signs of new rad time?

Cheers
Tom

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
IIRC correctly the radiator fan warps and rubs on the radiator, could be that?