ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car is proper knackard!!!

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
went to renault to get my power steering and aux belt fixed, waited 2 weeks to get booked in, then collected my car drove it for about 20 mins and i hear a loud bang from the engine, steering goes and engine cuts out. rang renault, they picked me up, now there saying the aux belt has snapped/ frayed and the cam belt is bust, and sumthing to do with pistons?????????????? there stripping it out today, they said it may need a new engine???? absolutly gutted, that was the 1st time i drove the 182 in about 2 and a half weeks!!! not happy:mad:

Lionel Richie
looks like they've fucked up

its common when the aux belts goes that the cambelt goes

hey at least you get a new engine!!!

Seat Leon Cupra
Yeah. His car is now worth 50p.

:dapprove:

On a serious note - Sorry to hear this mate. I fcuking hate sub-standard mechanics.

Regards
Matt

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
common problem for the cambelt to go when the aux belt goes, valves stay open and piston hits them = bent valves.

you'll get a new engine out it though!

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
if i do get a new engine, does my current milage stay the same, as i have no idea???????????? or will it reset?

172 cup TT
no it will stay the same... my cup went pop and the car has 70k on it with a 20k engine... havent even bothered to change the engine number with dvla yet cant be arsed

i take it renault arent going to try and fee you for any works to the car? if they do, then i think a trip to B&Q to purchase a head bashing crowbar will be in order.......