ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car!!

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
nathanH said:
does it make any difference?
No!! but someone said they can appreciateit cause hes spent all that tme and money on it modifying it to his taste...and he hasnt!!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
strikey said:
standard rsi not really a erfectly good car... quite boring and looks the same as any other clio... when your loaded mate whats a few grand!!!??

If your loaded mate then why are you driving around in a crummy clio?if i was loaded i'd have my 172 to play around with and have a tvr or noble

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
well there a lot i don't like about it, the bonnet vents, the wing mirrors and theyre the worst lexus lights i've ever seen. however i like the arches and the colour. the badboy on it is nice too i rekon. rear looks a lot like mine, but i've never liked that prima rear bumper. glad u like it anyway mate.

Monaco 172 2/468
Not my cup of tea, but it's ok I guess. If you are loaded, why are you chavving up this one ? Why not just by a V6 if you love clio's and money is no object ?

Can't say it's my cup of tea. What I can't understand is spending large amounts of money, only to loose value on the car. Oh, and the laughs people will give upon sighting it.

However each person has their own loves or the world would be a VERY boring place

Blaze

Black 172
Jeez you lot are harsh !!! this is supposed to be a car club i wonder why i come on here sometimes !! you just take the piss his car aint my cup of tea either but i think it looks really good ! if thats the way he likes his car dont bloody criticise him! sorry but it just annoys me cos i had a 1.2 before i had my 172 and a few of you just too the piss then !

Mini Cooper S sport
strikey said:
standard rsi not really a erfectly good car... quite boring and looks the same as any other clio... when your loaded mate whats a few grand!!!??

If you're loaded, why not buy a buy a proper sports car instead of sticking stuff over a Mk1?

Does your engine get wet when it rains?

Sorry I hate it, but then I hate virtually all body-kitted cars, I think they look silly!

However, each to their own and all that.

I don't like it tbh & I bet its a 1.2 ?
It would look better with a set of massive wheel spacers as the wheels don't fill the arches at all.

One last thing, I have been reading the praise for all of the work done, but was it bought like it ?? as earlier on it says some one else did the work :S

Monaro VXR
Well theres a sunroof so theres a good chance it is a 1.2.

But ah well each to there own. I suppose if all you want is people to look at you its fine but personally id rather have something where the engine can do the talking hence my 1.2 has remained completely and utterly standard had i a 182 though i woulda been modding the crap outta it engine and suspension first like then S1600 kit with the wheels sorted ot match it obviously and a nice carbon bonnet.

The S1600 kit is one of like the only 2 worth having in my opinion.

And it might not be to everyones taste but gotta admire the work gone into creating it.

clio RSI 16V
its a 1.6 rsi currently running at around 120bhp.. and i did buy the car mostly like this.. done a bit of work to the engine since but thats it.. but i have never said i did do the work just posted a few pics to see what ppl thought

Mini Cooper S sport
Why are we awful?

strikey said:
what do you guys think of my car?

He asked, and people gave their opinion as requested.

He still hasn't replied on whether his engine gets wet when it rains though!!

LY 182
Neil82cup, common courtesy, its what makes the world go round. And people wonder why there so much violence around these days. Neil, its not called "what you think" its called "an attitude". Maybe you don't mind having things you own insulted but 90% of others don't, just a little lesson of life.

strikey, looks like you worked hard on that, nice one.

clio RSI 16V
cheers TimMB good to know there are some decent people on here.. your totally right i dont mind a bit of critiscm (my spelling is crap sorry) at all.. i was totally expecting all that but not to that kind of bitchyness attitude, anyway thanks

182BG
i can see the hard work put it to it, but i don't like it at all.

strikey - i bet your kinda wishing you didn't post your car on here now, lol

R.I.P 182
As a few people have said, i think CS is quite anti-mod tbh.. lol..

I love the colour on the car, and like has been said it looks like alotta works gone into it.. Fair enough the kit isnt my cup of tea, but its been fitted nice!

If you like it, you like it!!

TBH With regards to engine or whatever, id rather spend money on the looks of mine than the speed.. teehee.. Hense why im gettin James' valver and painting it PINK!

TimMB said:
Neil82cup, common courtesy, its what makes the world go round. And people wonder why there so much violence around these days. Neil, its not called "what you think" its called "an attitude". Maybe you don't mind having things you own insulted but 90% of others don't, just a little lesson of life.

Well said fella:approve:

MKIII 138
LadySubstanze said:
As a few people have said, i think CS is quite anti-mod tbh.. lol.. QUOTE]

not strictly true..

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98216

thats modded and its probably the best looking MKI ever done, and at such a cheap price ! it astounds me how people want to make their cars look like a poor photoshop/chop (not saying his car is) when CS members arent chav`s they just regonise out of all the build issue and poor service there is at the end of the day really great cars made by renaultsport and once tuned/modded PROPERLY they shift like f**k and look amazing for a car of their type..

modding a car i.e combat bodykits or streetfighter kits isnt needed at all. simply save the cash on modding and purchase a renosport model or in fact a williams or decent valver the prices are now silly cheap for MKI 172`s and insurance wont be as bad as a car loaded with ££££ of ICE and Wheels etc..
its a faze a lot of 17-20 yr olds seem to go through but most actually look back and laugh at their cars when their older.

just my two pence

MKIII 138
.. also obviously all renault + clio enthusuats are welcome, its a public forum but the forum is = Cliosport.net < with the logo in the Renaultsport colours. i dont think it was initially aimed at 1.2`s etc.. even the old main page only had specs on 172/182/V6/Williams.

MKIII 138
final point.. i dont think those who used to be into bodykits + ice are doing it as much these days, people are concentrating on Jap cars + turbo`s and weight reduction, even halfrauds sell bucket seats and amazingly Team Dynamic prorace ultra light wheel range ! its just not in fashion anymore

TimMB said:

Chavs don't get any courtesy from me. He asked our opinions and he got it and im sure he doesn't need some patronizing .... like you sticking up for him.

think it looks sweet mate
not a bad job at all

just ignore the small majority of pricks who are being arseholes they dont no the meaning of constructive critism.

personally dont see the problem in modded cars, its all bout personal taste, and people dont laugh when they see ya riding about, bet its a head turner, mine aint heavily done up and mine turns a few heads.!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
obviously a car like this isnt going to be loved by everyone here.

its better than most of the cars with bodykits on here, because its been done properly, or so it looks.

i really like the colour and the wheels, like the big wide front wings too! good work mate