ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car!!

Neil82cup said:
Never said it did, but a car like this one = Chav tastic.

So you don't have alloys or a spolier, on the tripe that renault are turning out nowadays and calling cars??

TBH you need to sort the attitude, this is alot of what is wrong with the world today, t***s thinking they are better then other people.....

:boring:

Lionel Richie
i think it has potential, it needs some 9x16's and the rear needs to be lower

don't like the rear lights, i think the colour coded ones would suit that car

what colour is that???

Lunner said:
So you don't have alloys or a spolier, on the tripe that renault are turning out nowadays and calling cars??

TBH you need to sort the attitude, this is alot of what is wrong with the world today, tw*ts thinking they are better then other people.....

:boring:

Whats me thinking his car is a peice of sh?te got to do with me thinking im better than him? Maybe thats an issue you have?

1998 BMW e46 323i
I'm sure strikey is a nice person and good to his mother,.. But I find his car quite distasteful. Each to their own though, poor guy's attracted enough criticism surely?

f**king awesome petrol filler cap,.. I imagined a tatty old alloy-look stick on type of cap, but no. No, the cap is colour coded and beautiful!

clio RSI 16V
oh my god.. i thought you had to be 17 to drive a car.. some of the comments on here look like they have been posted by a 10 yr old...
i think i must be getting old or something..

thanks to the people who like the car and also the people who dont like it but have said some constructive stuff.

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
Blackclio I doubt anyone that has posted negative comments is jealous of his car... tbh I would rather drive a neon pink 35cc nissan micra.

LY 182
Neil82cup said:
Modded car doesn't = chav.

Never said it did, but a car like this one = Chav tastic.

Neil,

You contradict yourself, you say a modded car doesn't = chav but the car is, fair enough.

You say you give no courtesy to chavs, you don't know this person only the car so there is no need to insult him as this is just his taste not his personality. Are you so obtuse to figure that he is a chav through the looks of his car?

To be honest the way you're acting makes me only think you are a full blown chav...

"Chav is a derogatory slang term in popular usage throughout the UK. It refers to a subculture stereotype of a person who is uneducated, uncultured and prone to antisocial or immoral behaviour. The label is typically, though not exclusively, applied to teenagers and young adults of white working-class or lower-middle class origin."

Fits the bill...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
colour is mint, the v6 side repeaters look good, i would change the rear light to the ones that middo has, the c/c ones,

clio RSI 16V
thanks blackclio16v benp and Tim MB.. i far from a chav to be honest.. but hey ho..
dont reall get any chavs down here..

MKIII 138
why do people mod corsa`s, clios, saxo`s, 106`s, 206`s ?

could you mod an Alfa 156 and have the meanest looking and expensive looking ride with a juicy sounding alfa engine and a mint interior in which to work with and improve further ? there just as cheap and you can even pick up v6`s which sound lush on the alfa.
doesnt make sense that only hatchback and supermini`s seem to get modded. there are loads of decent saloon`s out there to mod too and probably with better results.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
meggerman said:
why do people mod corsa`s, clios, saxo`s, 106`s, 206`s ?

could you mod an Alfa 156 and have the meanest looking and expensive looking ride with a juicy sounding alfa engine and a mint interior in which to work with and improve further ? there just as cheap and you can even pick up v6`s which sound lush on the alfa.
doesnt make sense that only hatchback and supermini`s seem to get modded. there are loads of decent saloon`s out there to mod too and probably with better results.

Modding cars is for the younger generation (mostly).

Hatchbacks are cheaper insurance.

MKIII 138
Rip3z said:
Modding cars is for the younger generation (mostly).

Hatchbacks are cheaper insurance.

agree but some arent too high on insurance and are all round better cars to start with usually. insurance must become a moot point when you add £££$$$ of ICE, WHEELS, LIGHTS, BODYKITS, EXHAUSTS etc..

why not go for a new mondeo can pick them up for peanuts, there safe, they handle better than most sports cars and they have modding potencial.

people need to think BIG

TimMB said:
Neil,

You contradict yourself, you say a modded car doesn't = chav but the car is, fair enough.

You say you give no courtesy to chavs, you don't know this person only the car so there is no need to insult him as this is just his taste not his personality. Are you so obtuse to figure that he is a chav through the looks of his car?

To be honest the way you're acting makes me only think you are a full blown chav...

"Chav is a derogatory slang term in popular usage throughout the UK. It refers to a subculture stereotype of a person who is uneducated, uncultured and prone to antisocial or immoral behaviour. The label is typically, though not exclusively, applied to teenagers and young adults of white working-class or lower-middle class origin."

Fits the bill...

You such a clever boy Tim, just found an online Thesaurus? Now run along back to where you came from, im sure the chavs will call you next time they need you to defend them.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Neil maybe try constructive criticism instead of "you car is a piece of s**t" - because that sort of comment is the exact sort of thing a chav would say.

And modding a car doesn't make sum1 a chav at all, very shallow way of thinking.

I see where your coming from meggerman, but body mods/ice bother my insurance company - only engine/wheels that they care about. Also I think saloons are maybe seen as more of a late 20's and onwards thing?

i cant c wot the big deal is on here about modded clios, wot u pricks got against modding, if he/people want to mod there car wots wrong wid that? at the end of the day its his money thats how he wants his car to look, if you dont like it y dont u just bite ya tongue and not bother posting, or as someone eles said give constructive critism.

Mini Cooper S sport
Why can't people stop typing in bloody text speak? It makes you sound like 5-year-olds.

Sorry, off-topic I know but GRRRRRRRRRRR.

MKIII 138
Racing Blue said:
Why can't people stop typing in bloody text speak? It makes you sound like 5-year-olds.

Sorry, off-topic I know but GRRRRRRRRRRR.

because again most of the people modifying like that i.e huge wheels, bodykits, lights etc.. are 17-20 its a youth thing, taking their clio at 18 down to a youth club to show off to thier 16` yr old mates.
im not saying the guy on here does that.

TBH Neil is one of the few people who have spoke their mind so far and he wasn't far wide of the mark! Whether the driver is a chav or not is irrelevant, the impression that car gives is 'chav' period.

This whole site is getting overtaken by the young, body kitted text speak crew. There is a place for you guys its called www.maxpower.co.uk You won't get insulted over there. CS used to be far more tuning orientated but is going downhill rapidly.

IMO there is 'tuning' and 'modifying'. Yes ultimatly if you tune your engine its a mod but the two need to be separated to distinguish those who appreciate performance and those who like sticking bits of plastic from the halfords back catalogue on their cars.

'who like sticking bits of plastic from the halfords back catalogue on their cars.'
Tuners never get any agro like that why should modders!

^^Tuners improve their cars and can turn a fast car into a seriously rapid machine. Tuning has been around as long as cars have and is generally widely accepted/respected. After all if you bought an EVO who could resist tweaking up the turbo or if you bought a type r who could resist adding an IK to really hear that screaming flat four?

Modifiers are generally pointed at and laughed at for turning a respectable family car or super mini into a joke of a family car or super mini

Unless ur tracking your car why tune it??

You can only do 70! even mine will do that, lexus lights, tons of filler, cheap plastic and all!

Focus ST
CDMullins said:
Unless ur tracking your car why tune it??

You can only do 70! even mine will do that, lexus lights, tons of filler, cheap plastic and all!

A lot of people who tune their cars from here do track or 1/4mile them.

Anyway, your point is like saying what's the point in fast cars full stop. It's all about how quickly they get up to speed, how well they pull in gear, the odd fun (if slightly illegal!) blast, the feel of raw acceleration.

182BG
^^^ haha good comment mullins.

Ok this is what should be done... seperate the catagories in to exterior modding and tuning, and make each user have the choice of one, when they choose they are automatically locked out the other.

I would love for this thread to end with an agreement from both side but it won't so to summerise this:

Some like your car, some dont
Some like exterior mods, some don't
Some like tuning, some don't
Some like both, some like either
Some people are very open and blunt with their opinions, some are not

Either way, don't let this put you off from joiing the club, most of the time people get along ;)

now to change the subject, horrible weather we having ay? lol

brazo said:
^^Tuners improve their cars and can turn a fast car into a seriously rapid machine. Tuning has been around as long as cars have and is generally widely accepted/respected. After all if you bought an EVO who could resist tweaking up the turbo or if you bought a type r who could resist adding an IK to really hear that screaming flat four?

Modifiers are generally pointed at and laughed at for turning a respectable family car or super mini into a joke of a family car or super mini

An intelligent answer well said.

Modders dont sl@g tuners because there is no reason to sl@g them. Unless any of the modders can say why it is ridiculous to spend money making your clio sport perform better. After all why does anyone buy a 16V 172 182 V6, because they are performance cars. I take it if someone offered you a 911 you would refuse on the grounds that it was pointless?

By CDMullins logic we would all be driving round in cars limited to 70mph but it would not matter as they would have that many spoilers stuck to them at least they would look fast :S I assume that is the reason modders do what they do?

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
badinvincible said:
Well the car isn't much cop (in my opinion, of course) and I've been looking for nice waterproof anorak for the winter.

Lmao, that's what they all say!