ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Civic Type R FN2

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Finally after all the crap weather i finally managed to take a few pics of my car.I know not everyone on here is a fan of them but i can take the critics as they are...Its a fantastic drive and its sat on 32mpg atm so is very economical given what it is.It has the optional Rage 19" alloys and the GP kit.

Hope somebody likes it...lol

003.jpg

03-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

01-6.jpg

001.jpg

PH1 iceburg
I love these. I know there are a lot of haters out there (no independant rear suspension like the first etc)

Great wheel choice too.

My dad's got the 2.2Diesel With all the toys, pulls like a train and the interior is so nice. Once read they were 2seconds slower on a 0-60 than the Type R as well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic machine mate. Thanks for putting them up eventually! ;)

The JDM model has grown on me a lot recently and the pictures don't do this shape justice.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I reckon its about 35-38 on a run at that speed.The lower the speed the better.But its only when you hit vtec when it drinks the juice.ive just done the last 400 miles at 32mpg and thats round town with a mix of town and B roads going to work...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Fantastic machine mate. Thanks for putting them up eventually! ;)

The JDM model has grown on me a lot recently and the pictures don't do this shape justice.

i will get some better ones,these were taken on my blackberry which is piss poor...lol

Really nice cars. The laptime heros don't like them, and bleat on about the rear suspension. They've obviously never been under their Clio ;)

Crap pics though!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Nice car, my Mums got one which I use quite a bit (when clio breaks lol) minus the Rage wheels though.

Someone said about the hard ride and have to say it's harsher than my Koni's 172 but saying that it's not something that puts me off driving it!

The fuel is quite bad compared to my car as well I can get high 30's in mind and the same journey will be ow 30's in the Civic..

The main thing I dislike is when you have the seat down nice and low to get the g-kart feeling the top of the steering wheel blocks off the speedo.. maybe i'm just short!

All that said though when I get the chance to take it out for a blast i've yet to say no!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
There are usually one or two over on civinfo or ebay has them from time to time...

After looking for one matt i cant see one.Did find out this little fact from the toda website though.I knew about the throttle but didnt know the rest...

When Honda launched the FN2 model of the Civic Type R it undertook what seems, with hindsight, to be a fairly major redesign of the K20A2 engine as found in the original EP3 version. This engine, known as the K20AZ3 not only featured revised elements such as cam profiles and a drive by wire throttle, it was also upgraded to hit new European NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) targets. How did it do this? It introduced a pair of balancer shafts into the bottom end of the K20A engine, which are not found in the awesome JDM FD2 version of the Honda Civic Type R.

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
Really liked the wheels when I first saw them a few years back. but now I dont like them.

Great cars though, if they sill made them id consider one as my next car, same as yours but without the wheels. Great engine and gearbox.